Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

I keep wanting to start this post with "Lean Mean Thirteen is the 13th Stephanie Plum novel." Duh. But since it IS the thirteenth, I am not going to summarize the plot for you. This is a typical Stephanie Plum- cars get destroyed, Ranger is HOT, Grandma Mazur is a pip, and Stephanie wears mascara. Evanovich's novels are always entertaining. They aren't great plots, but they certainly keep you turning pages.

That said, I'm a Ranger girl through and through. Don't get me wrong, Joe is a great guy, but Ranger? Whoa. Babe. My very favorite scenes are the ones with Ranger and Stephanie, followed closely by Ranger and Joe talking about Stephanie. This one certainly provided on that front. I keep trying to cast actors in the roles, and am having a tough time. Who do you think should play Ranger?

Next up is finishing A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison. I'm off work this afternoon, so should be able to make a good dent in it.

5 comments:

  1. I love Ranger. All of the books in this series are a hoot. I have not found that to the case with her other books.

    An actor that could be Ranger? I can't think of anyone.

    I love all the Kim Harrison books, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My typical answer to the "Ranger or Morelli" question is:

    Ranger

    then Morelli

    then Ranger again

    repeat as needed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! now THAT is the correct answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am only about 4 books into this series. I read them all last summer. Don't get me wrong. I loved them!! But I was so afrain of burning myself out, that I stopped. I guess I need to get back on the wagon and read a few more.

    But I have to say....Morelli does it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I haven't missed anything since I stopped reading at #10 :)
    I do love Grandma Mazur and Lula. They are awesome. And, yep, I'm Ranger girl too. Hee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP