Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich

Plum Lucky is a between the numbers installment of Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. It takes place after the 13th book. You could probably read it at any point in the story and not be confused. Or skip it altogether and not miss anything. It is shorter than the numbered books, but the basic idea is the same.

In this installment, Grandma Mazur finds a bag of money. Like any respectable senior, she immediately buys an RV and heads to Atlantic City. Stephanie, Lulu, Connie and Diesel follow her. Ranger and Morelli are not in the book at all, except by phone to conveniently be busy. The whole thing takes place in about 3 days. And that pretty much sums it up. It was funny, but not the funniest of the books. I definitely missed the guys. I'm really glad I didn't pay for a hardback copy of it, as slim at it is (Thank you paperbackswap!) In fact, it's not really worth wasting a blog post on, but since I've already typed all this...

4 comments:

  1. I read it (it was my first Janet Evanovich book) and I hated it. I can't even bring myself to read any of her other books now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a good call. This one is very much like all the others. The only thing you really miss is the Ranger/Morelli parts, which are my favorite, but the style of the writing is unchanged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to add you to my blogroll and I'd love it if you'd add me to yours. http://bermudaonion.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am off to check your blog out, bermudaonion! GREAT name.

    Mmmm Onions, how I love thee. And how the nursing baby hates thee. I miss you so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP