Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, November 28, 2011

A to Z of me



This one has been going around for a few weeks now and I kept thinking I'd do it and haven't. Finally this morning* I read Trish's and thought I'd just do it right now, before I got distracted again. The picture is of me, my grandfather, my mother, my younger brother (on the left) and my baby cousin.  I have the dress I'm wearing in the picture in a box waiting for the Princess!

Age: 36

Bed Size: King, or as I like to call it, "Not Nearly Big Enough"

Chore that you hate: Bagging up the Trash. It seems so simple, but man I hate it.

Dogs: Scout

Essential start to your day: Coffee and email.

Favorite colors: I like them all. I'm sorry. I know that's a cheater answer but I really can't pick.

Gold or Silver: Gold.

Height: 5’8”

Instruments you play: Piano, not very well. And Trumpet in high school, but that was more "play" than play.

Job Title: The Boss of All.

Kids: The Pirate (6.5), the Bug (3.5), and the Princess (14 months)

Live: Pierre, SD. Where our fanciest department store is J.C. Penney.

Mother-in-Law’s name: Mary. She died shortly after I met her, unfortunately. I think we would have liked each other.

Nicknames: I don't have any, I don't think. I always always wanted one. I was briefly called Lil, for a character I played in EverQuest, but that didn't stick.

Overnight hospital stays: In first grade for a knee problem, and then when I had the kids.

Pet Peeves:  Putting dirty clothes beside the hamper instead of in it. Across the room doesn't bother me nearly so much! Oh, also putting plates with food on them in the non-disposal side of the sink!


Quote from a movie: "I know kung fu."


Right or Left handed: Right

Siblings: Two brothers, 6 and 8 years younger than me. Regrettably, we are not close. I moved away to school when they were 8 and 10 and we just grew up differently.

Time you wake up: 6:30ish. I never sleep past 7, mainly because never have all my children done the same.

Underwear: Dear Santa, if you brought me some new undies I'd be thrilled. Love, Lisa. (Yes, I have some, they are just in need of replacement. I'd never have thought that buying myself underwear would be so far down the neccessity list!)

Vegetable you hate: Green Beans, except in casserole.

What makes you run late: I was never late until I had kids.

X-Rays you’ve had: Hand when I slammed it in a door, neck when I pulled a muscle. No actual broken bones though.

Yummy food that you make: I'm better at main dishes than I am at desserts, so let's go with my pulled pork.

Zoo animal: Giraffes.

*Actually, Tuesday morning, I scheduled it to post later. Love scheduling.

7 comments:

  1. I loooove the job title!!!! I hope you have some business cards with that printed in bold. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. I struggle to buy underwear, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally someone else who prefers gold! I was beginning to think I was the only one. I can't believe you were in high school band and didn't have a nickname - I thought the two went together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy underwear for myself because it's easy enough to do. Clothes? Not so much.

    You were a blond!!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Lise? It's crazy how many nicknames I've had over the years.

    And really? You love ALL colors equally???? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list, Lisa! I may have to steal this from you and Trish one day. It's fun!

    "Putting dirty clothes beside the hamper instead of in it. Across the room doesn't bother me nearly so much! "

    SAME! lol

    Dental x rays?

    My word verification is "undse" ... almost "undies" ... speaking of which, go treat yourself to something sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been enjoying this post around the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP