Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, June 22, 2012

Free Book Libraries, Nook covers, Books.

June 16. The 7 year old insisted. We sat in the middle.

  • I've had so many no-reply comments on the blog lately. I don't understand why you wouldn't want a personal response. If you don't know how to fix this, see Janssen's terrific instructions right here.
  • We're looking at a rental house next week, and if we get it I think I'm going to build one of these cool Free Libraries to put on the sidewalk.
  • I've started making up a batch of Nook/ Kindle covers for the Etsy shop, in the style of the one I made for mine. Let me know if you're interested in one, I'll let you in on the fabric selection process.
  • The carnival was a lot of fun. We got the boys unlimited ride bracelets and let me tell you, we definitely got the good end of that bargain! In the picture above the Pirate and I are in the very middle of the ride, I have on the pink shirt facing the camera. The Pirate wasn't sure how much he liked that one.
What I Read Last Week (no links, I have company here. She's reading books to my kids while I get this written down!):
  • The Stand by Stephen King. I'm on page 155 of the uncut version. WAY behind!
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I finally got this as an ebook from the library. I'm just shy of half way.
  • A Night Like This by Julia Quinn. The first book I read on my Nook. Typical Julia Quinn, and I'll talk about it more later.
  • The Witness by Nora Roberts. One of my favorite Roberts yet! I loved Abigal. Actually, and Brooks too.

12 comments:

  1. I'd love to put one of those little free libraries in the park in our neighborhood, but our HOA can be such a pain I've never pursued it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love the FREE Library idea; how cool. And, may I say THANK YOU for bringing up an issue that troubles me as well..."no-reply blogger". I am sure many wonder why I don't respond, but this is a huge problem. May I use this example on my blog when I have a chance?

    have a great weekend and good luck with Esty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Don't want spam from email?
    2. Don't realize that's what it is (for the longest time I thought no-reply were the people not subscribed to comments).

    LOVE that little library! But our HOAs are a pain the ass too. And great pic of you and Pirate on the ferris wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALSO--if said person isn't using a blogger account then they're no-reply as well. Also thinking this person cannot subscribe to comments either. Hmm, yes. Testing with my Open ID and no subscribe feature. Bet this is no-reply, too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am set up for replies, right? You email me, so I just assume.

    That free library idea is very cool. There is no sidewalk on my side of the road, though, so probably wouldn't be a good idea for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - you're reading Outlander and The Stand at the same time?! You're one brave girl!

    Miss H and I were at B&N last night and I'm afraid I may have left a trail of drool around the Nooks. I was thinking the $139 version would be just fine but then I looked at the $169 version and think I'm going to have to have that one. I need work to start offering overtime again so I can work my way to that - and one of your great covers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the free little library idea. So charming.

    I am STILL on the wait list for The Witness at my library. Seriously it's been at least two months now, I think. Watch me get it right before vacation and I'd have to give up my spot.:(

    I have no idea what you're talking about with the no-reply blogger?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Went to Janssen's blog.. I get it now. I'm covered. phew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that lending library! Thanks for sharing these links. I have to check out my settings on my Google profile. A big thanks for the heads up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it makes you feel better you are ahead of me on reading The Stand ;) How exciting about the house! I've got my fingers crossed for you guys! And the carnival ride looks like lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the "Little Library" idea. I may have to make one as our little town has decided keeping the library open isn't a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're liking Outlander! And would you consider crafting a cover for a Nook Simple Touch? :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP