Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Lady Most Willing, briefly.


The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway.  Eccentric Scottish laird kidnaps potential brides for his nephew heirs and sequesters them in his cold drafty castle until someone falls in love.  

The Lady Most Willing crams three love stories into one full length novel, with mixed results. (stone-cold earl, haughty duke, down-to-earth villager, rich-but-ruined heiress, etc.) Each romance reads like a novella, and while I want to love novellas, there is just not enough time for any plot except Love at First Sight. Once they admit this to themselves (or each other) there's no time to explore it, instead jumping straight to acceptance and marriage. We all know I'm a huge romantic, but I'd like to see a little more relationship development, please.  I did enjoy Catriona (the one they nabbed on accident) and Taran (the Laird) quite a bit. The novel also renews my desire to try out an Eloisa James full length novel, and reminds me that I miss the "old" Julia Quinn, and really should re-read The Duke and I. Recommended for fans, but don't expect it to make your "Best of" lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP