Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, January 01, 2007

Year End Wrapup

I do this every year for my own amusement. It's a lot of fun for me to compare previous years and see how my habits change.

In 2006:

43 Books
13,055 pages

5 non-fiction
14 memoir
15 fiction, mostly paranormal or mystery
4 chick lit
5 romance

28 Publishers (the most going to St. Martin's Press and Ace Books with 5 each)

24 new to me authors:
Julie Powell
John Grogan
Julia Scheeres
Barbara Robinette Moss
Caroline Knapp
Maureen Corrigan
Lauren Winner
Joan Didion
Steven Levitt
Elizabeth Gilbert
Patricia Briggs
Kate Angell
Charlaine Harris
Jennifer Weiner
Cara Lockwood
Karyn Bosnak
Terry Ryan
Laura Fraser
Stephanie Lehmann
Sarah MacDonald
Emily Giffin
Caroll Spinney
Brain Wansink
Marlena De Blasi

Best books of the year:
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison
Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner
Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink

Most disappointing:
A Thousand Days in Venice by Marlena De Blasi
The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (it was ok, just not all it was hyped up to be.)
Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading by Maureen Corrigan (again, it was ok, but I had really high hopes.)

Year of Publication:
2006-9
2005-14
2004-1
2003-7
2002-3
2001-4
2000-1
1999-1
1996-2
1992-1

I read the most books of any year since 2001.
I did not read a classic.
I read two memoirs from Southern authors- Jesus Land by Scheeres and Turn me into Zeus' Daughter by Barbara Robinette Moss
I read the most books by Charlaine Harris (6), also Southern.

Next year:
More fiction by men. Not ONE fiction book this year was by a male, and in fact only 4 of the 43 were written by men.

Read all the books I buy/acquire with a copywrite date of 2007 IN 2007. Try to catch up on the 2006s.

Review more of the books I read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP