Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Challenge Update

Hi, remember me? I've been gone a while. Sorry about that. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and feeling a little better every day, so hopefully will be back with you soon. In the meantime, I feel the need to post that I am not reading anything for challenges at all. You can see my list over there to the right if you scroll down a little, and by clicking on the links you can see that I am not getting them done. This month and a half break from reading has done me in, and I have lost all motivation. Therefore, I am withdrawing myself from all of the challenges that end in 2007, leaving a little room open to the ones in 2008. I do not know if I will do them or not. I may just go back to making my own personal challenges and go from there. This feels a little bit like giving up, but mostly feels like relief. Ahhh. I can read crap for the next few months guilt free.

What about the Dystopian Challenge you ask? Yes, I am the host. Yes, I will still host. But I'm not even going to finish those books. That one wraps up in a few short weeks, and I don't stand a chance.

If the hosts of those other challenges are still reading along here, I'm sorry. It wasn't you. It was me. Can we still be friends?

3 comments:

  1. I'll still be your friend, Lisa. No worries.

    Life gets in the way for all of us. And you shouldn't feel obligated to join challenges or read anything -- reading should be fun and an escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of reading challenges sounds good to me, but I've not committed to any because I think it would take some of the fun of reading away. I belong to a book club and so have one title per month on the "must read" list. You do have a lot of challenges listed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad. I'm sucking at the challenges myself. In fact, I think I've only read 2 for the Dystopian Challenge (a challenge that I was really excited about!) I may finish 4 of them by the time it's all over.

    Life just gets in the way of fun, doesn't it??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP