Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Anyone else ready for the weekend?

We were really lazy last night. Made dinner from a turkey breast from the deli- and by "made dinner" I mean sliced it up with some cheese and crackers. We lazed around and watched Kung Fu Panda, which is pretty cute. I finished my book for next Wednesday's TBR Day and started another that is a Christmas gift so needs to be read now. We did not clean anything because we had a lazy weekend planned.

This morning, as I was sitting here in my messy house enjoying two days of laziness and sewing, and my husband was getting ready to run to work for a bit, he casually mentions that his sister will be in town today... and might stop by. Uh. Hello? COULD YOU NOT HAVE MENTIONED THAT LAST NIGHT??? Then he went to work.

So far today I have:

  • cleared the table of sewing and clothes
  • done the dishes
  • including the hand washers
  • mostly cleared the counters
  • picked up all the toys in the living room
  • vacuumed the living room
  • "helped" the Pirate clean his room
  • vacuumed his room
  • sorted the books in the living room
  • removed some things to the basement (the baby swing, some outgrown clothes, laundry)
  • swept
  • dressed the Pirate
  • dressed myself
  • dressed the Bug
  • dressed the Bug again
  • fed the Bug
  • fed the Bug again

Then Mike came home and cleaned the bathroom.

It's now 10:37 and our house is clean and there are no in-laws in sight.

I think I'll go sew.

How's your Saturday shaping up?

5 comments:

  1. You are a cleaning machine! I've had a pretty lazy day so far as well but HAVE to clean--my office is such a wreck I can hardly stand it anymore. But I'm the type of cleaner who has to get everything all organized so that the mess gets MUCH worse before it gets better. Scott just throws everything into a box and calls it a day.

    Have a great time with the in-laws!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the midst of wildfires again and with it getting dark now we are hoping the wind does not change direction.

    Earlier in the day we had a nice lunch out but my house is a clutter pot right now. Messy for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I feel like such a bum. I sat around and read, played online and read some more, last night. Today, we went to the zoo to play with the camera. That's about it! Goofball City. BTW, thanks so much -- your Google Alert instructions were perfect and worked brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inlaws are coming tomorrow now!

    ti, I hope you don't get caught in the fires!

    bookfool, I'm glad it worked for you. It's kinda cool to see the alerts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome! I spent the weekend at church for a Women's Group retreat. It was fun, but I was tired.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP