Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Reading Round Robin


Melanie over at lit*chick is hosting a reading round robin. There are 6 of us participating (in my group, I am not sure if there are more groups or not.) We each choose a book off our shelves and mailed it on to the next person on the list. Melanie provided little sleeves and library cards that will travel around with the books so that we can share our experience. It's kinda like a book group, only delayed. At the end of six months, our own book is returned to us, a bit more well read than when it left us.

This weekend I got my first book: A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass. Well over a year ago, I heard about this book on someone's blog. It drew my attention because the main character sees words as a color, which is a real condition. I checked it out of the library, but never got around to reading it. I haven't dived into it yet, but I'm excited to be "forced" to move it up the list!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I hadn't heard of this book but it does sound interesting so I think that I'll add it to my TBR list. I will be interested in hearing what you get next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think of the book, Lisa. The round robin sounds like a great idea. Kind of like a bookring, only more involved since there will be more than one book in the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. And how cool that your first book was one you were already interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this but it sounds like fun! We talked about doing it with our real life book club (at work), but it doesn't sound as exciting as getting a book in the mail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP