Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Sunday Salon: March 1


February was not a good month for reading around here. I managed to complete exactly ONE book- Seduce Me at Sunrise. I read part of a lot of books, but either choose not to finish them or ran out of time. I stopped reading Quiet, Please intentionally. I haven't picked up Why We Read What We Read in days (it's interesting, but more scholarly than I expected.) I seem to have misplaced Kitty and the Silver Bullet (more on how that could have happened in tomorrow's VERY REVEALING post!)

That leaves Bone Crossed, which I read half of last night. It's very good, but there is a big plot point that I hate. HATE. So far it hasn't been fully implemented, but when it is I'm going to have a problem reading and the book will slow down. There's still a chance Briggs will be able to pull it out without completely going there. My fingers are crossed. (I'll expand more on this when I review the book.)

I still have a decent library stack to work from:
I got Bloom by Elizabeth Scott in the mail this week, as well as Brainiac by Ken Jennings. With all the play fighting that is happening in my house lately, I really want to pick up Killing Monsters: Why Children Need Fantasy, Super Heroes, and Make Believe Violence by Gerard Jones. There is a constant battle between good and evil in my house and I am getting TIRED of the fight. I'd like to understand why that's the only game worth playing.

I have a couple of books to review as well, so hopefully I have time to read in March! What's on your radar? Anything I've missed?

12 comments:

  1. I just read Bloom last week and its' a quick read. I like Elizabeth Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so overwhelmed right now with the book list I am reading now that I simply cannot think of other books right now. It's like, there is no more room at the inn. LOL.

    So don't feel bad about the one book. It's pretty much the same with me. It's really hard when you have kids in the house and they always come first so don't beat yourself up over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm. I read Bone Crossed so now I am very interested in what is bothering you with the book... I am wondering if it is the same thing I was worried about. I am looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kailana - I'm very curious to find out what BC plot point is bothering you!

    *racks brains*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished Bone Crossed last week, and I'm curious to know what is bothering you too. Please do let us know. the curiosity could be lethal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had Brainiac by Jennings on my TBR list for awhile now. I will be interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there...I awarded you the Fabulous award. Enjoy it!

    http://bookchatterandotherstuff.blogspot.com/2009/03/fabulous-is-great-word.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I tell you all what bothers me I won't have anything to talk about in the review, now will I?

    Janssen, it's completely your fault that I keep picking up YA books. (Maybe not THIS one, but in general.)

    Sam, my husband is reading Brainiac. He says it's more of a memoir than he expected, for what that's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it a good thing I've got your blog in my feed reader then, so that I can come back and read the review when you post it. You've got me well and truly curious now.

    If you post links to other reviews in your own reviews, by the way, I have one for Bone Crossed here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's difficult some days to read when life takes over for awhile. I'm sure March will be a terrible month for me because my dad is visiting and it's both Joshua's and my husband's birthday this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL you have a captive audience here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying to know what the little point is that you're worried about in Bone Crossed.

    February wasn't so good reading wise for me either. I hope to do much better this month, but I said that for the last two months without much luck. Maybe I should plan for a bad reading month. You know, that reverse psychology approach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP