Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Library Loot, the pile grows

I've been really good lately at limiting the number of library books I have checked out for myself, but today I ran in to pick up one hold and found myself leaving with an entire bag. Here's what I've got, where would you start?  (A couple of these I already had, the last third of the list or so.)

  • Surprised by Joy by C. S. Lewis- ILL so will happen sooner rather than later.
  • Shine by Lauren Myracle- yes, I just returned it unfinished, but then I read a great review
  • The Queen of Kentucky- Alecia Whitaker
  • The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
  • A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant
  • Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr (just read Virgin River yesterday, this is book two)
  • Math for Grownups by Laura Laing (can take the girl out of the school, can't take the school out of the girl.)
  • Mosaic by Amy Grant
  • First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh
  • Then Comes Seduction by Mary Balogh
  • At Last Comes Love by Mary Balogh
  • The Essential C.S. Lewis
  • Bringing up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
  • The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball
  • Dead to You by Lisa McMann
  • The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
  • Embroidery Techniques and Patterns by Baya (ok, this isn't a sit and read one)
  • In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
  • Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern






7 comments:

  1. Bringing up Bebe is one that is next (or close to next) on my list, but I really liked The Dirty Life as well. There are always too many books to pick from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I was starting to be afraid that I wouldn't recognize any of these titles, I noticed In Defense of Food, which I really want to read. And The Night Circus, which I think I'll read soon. And The Name of the Star which I almost bought but then slapped myself because I'm only buying books I can read right away (in other words not).

    Lisa. I love you. But why check out so many books from the library at one time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd start with Bringing up Bebe, partly because I know French parenting isn't as wonderful as the author makes it out to be since I lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed The Night Circus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Surprised by Joy but I'm afraid I don't remember much about it. The Name of the Star is one I really want to read. My library is very slow to get YA titles, unfortunately, and they don't get a very wide variety, so I may have to order it someday. I couldn't get into Mosaic. It just wasn't what I'd hoped for in a book about Amy Grant. I wanted to know more about her life but it was all recent, at least as far as I got. I gave up and donated my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, where to begin...so many good ones in your loot. I want to read Bringing up Bebe and The Night Circus. I look forward to your reviews of any of these. How many children's books came home in your bag?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a great list! Night Circus is a must! I have also heard The Name Of The Star is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP