Tuesday, September 18, 2012
I've been doing quite a bit of sewing the last few days, and thought I'd share it with you. I got a bee in my bonnet to finish up (or start) The Princess's baby quilt. Both of the boys got a mama made quilt when they were born and somehow Miss Girl never got one. Shortly before her second birthday I decided that had to be rectified and started working in earnest on her quilt. Yesterday I started quilting it. There are only 24 rows of quilting, but I'm only on row 5 and since I sew in the middle of my house (open floor plan, machine in dining area), it's really hard to sew when everyone is around. I expect another week before the quilting is done, and then the binding and I can wash it and see how cuddly it gets.
I've also done a little work on my Hexagon quilt (remember that?) I finished up flower number 14, with this blue ring:
(Not one of my favorites so far.)
and last night I finished up flower number 15:
No outer ring yet on that one. They don't all have outer rings yet, it's a pretty haphazard pattern of sewing on this project.
One other thing I did this week was to take the doors off my sewing table. With my limited space it was getting really annoying to have to shift them out of the way every single time I got up to iron or check on a child. I took them off and it really opened up the space. Of course, now the Princess feels everything in the cabinet is fair game, but she can't open most of the boxes.
One day I'll take a picture of the entire space. I can't tell you how attractive those Rubbermaid boxes of fabric are in the my living room. Mike really loves them too. (Insert rant about tiny apartment and five people and two cats and a dog.)
Big shout out to Trish for finally going on and on and on about audiobooks long enough for me to download one. Sewing is much nicer with a book.
Lastly, I'm blogging this free pattern for an adorable Monster Pencil Case so I don't forget about it! (that's a pdf, if you're clicking.)