Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, May 25, 2015

All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland

As you all know, I'm completely obsessed with English Paper Piecing. I've been steadily working on my daughter's full size hexagon quilt for going on 3 years now. Naturally, when a title about EPP popped up on NetGalley, I had to grab it.


All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland is a lovely book, even in e-book format. She covers many different shapes and details how you might baste them different based on size and angles and curves. There are sections on supplies and how to make or buy your templates. She talks about the importance of paying attention to directional prints (which I'd read that a year or two ago!)  There are diagrams of the best way to assemble them into different patterns and layouts. Like all quilting books, there are sample projects you can make- pillows, table runners, etc.. If you were new to EPP, or if you didn't have internet access this would be a terrific starter. Or maybe you like to sit and read an actual book? Then this is for you.  This would also make a lovely gift if you were trying to get a friend hooked- this book and some papers and fabric would bundle up nicely. Perhaps you know someone who disdains technology and would enjoy it? 

The cons: as with all quilting books, I can't quite see the point of many of the projects. I have no desire to applique a hexagon to a dish towel. And quite like with cookbooks, I found there wasn't much here that I couldn't find with a Pinterest search. I freely admit that I'm an oddball in that I love books, but I can't see owning many of them.

Overall, a lovely book if you want to sit and hold a pretty book about quilting, but nothing particularly groundbreaking. All Points Patchwork will be released on June 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP