Friday, June 19, 2015
1. I am exhausted this morning and have come to realize that the more tired I am the more easily distracted I am.
2. Our town has a summer festival called Oahe Days. It's kicked off with a parade that goes right in front of my house. For the third year, we've invited everyone we know with kids to a BYO Picnic and candy gathering. It's a lot of fun, and not a lot of stress. I don't have to provide anything but grass, curb space, a bathroom, and a hot grill. And there is beer. Just let the rain hold off! (Picture from two summers ago- look how toddler she was!)
3. I turned 40 last week. I'm not upset to be 40, but I do find it a little surprising. I had the day after my birthday off and Mike and I spent it on the boat, in the quiet. That part was lovely.
4. That said, this is going to be my year. As my running buddy says, "Beast Mode ON." I don't know if it's a function of the age/number or of the tiring work of parenting, but this is going to be the year I turn awesome. I ran six miles on Wednesday. It's serious now.
5. I'm in a serious reading slump. Books I expect to love are boring. Romances by favorite authors are a struggle. I don't feel like it's a matter of being in a rut, but just a string of "this isn't what I expected." I have no problems DNF'ing a snoozer tho, so hopefully something grabs me soon! (The cats illustrate what happens lately when I read.)
What's new with you today?