Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, June 19, 2015

Five thoughts on Friday


1. I am exhausted this morning and have come to realize that the more tired I am the more easily distracted I am.

2. Our town has a summer festival called Oahe Days. It's kicked off with a parade that goes right in front of my house. For the third year, we've invited everyone we know with kids to a BYO Picnic and candy gathering. It's a lot of fun, and not a lot of stress. I don't have to provide anything but grass, curb space, a bathroom, and a hot grill. And there is beer. Just let the rain hold off! (Picture from two summers ago- look how toddler she was!)


3. I turned 40 last week.  I'm not upset to be 40, but I do find it a little surprising. I had the day after my birthday off and Mike and I spent it on the boat, in the quiet. That part was lovely.



4. That said, this is going to be my year. As my running buddy says, "Beast Mode ON."  I don't know if it's a function of the age/number or of the tiring work of parenting, but this is going to be the year I turn awesome.  I ran six  miles on Wednesday. It's serious now.


5. I'm in a serious reading slump. Books I expect to love are boring. Romances by favorite authors are a struggle. I don't feel like it's a matter of being in a rut, but just a string of "this isn't what I expected." I have no problems DNF'ing a snoozer tho, so hopefully something grabs me soon! (The cats illustrate what happens lately when I read.)

What's new with you today?

3 comments:

  1. This is better than a book review btw. :)

    Want to read Are You There God, It's Me Margaret with me? It's awesome because I can read like 20 percent during lunchtime. Ha! But I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't equate summer with reading. I like the IDEA of it...but there's just so much other stuff going on.

    You are awesome. Go on being your badass self. And yay 6 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 sounds young to me! Happy birthday a little late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go 6miles. Happy belated Birthday. I'm have a similar experience with books, but I'm persevering with this one in particular, it's gotta get better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP