Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Another book Meme

I first saw this one over at Bookmark My Heart, but have since seen it, oh, everywhere.

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Trade paperback. The size is perfect, but not to heavy. Plus, I like the way they look on my shelves.

Amazon or brick and mortar? Brick and Mortar, though I do love Amazon. It's way to easy to convince myself to add another book for the free shipping.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Barnes and Noble, but the closest one is 350 miles away. The closest Borders is 10 minutes away.

Bookmark or dogear? Bookmark! Or whatever random flat thing is handy. Lately I've been using a Christmas postcard in one book, a New Yorker subscription card in another, and a picture of my baby in a third.

Alphabetize by author or alphebetize by title or random? Fiction is alphabetized by author. Non-fiction is grouped by subject, but not alphabetized. Or this would be my ideal way of doing it. However. I share a house with someone who is not so picky, and books do not stay this way.

Keep, throw away, or sell? It would kill me to throw away a book. I used to keep everything, and sell nothing. Now I keep about half and trade the rest at http://www.paperbackswap.com/.

Keep dustjacket or toss it? Take if off to read the book, but don't toss it.

Read with dustjacket or remove it? Uh. I think I answered this already.

Short story or novel? Novel. I have been telling myself to read more short stories, and even ordering some, but I never seem to get around to them.

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)? Anthology. I can't see the point in short stories by one author. Might as well read a novel! Anthology is a good way to test a lot of new authors at once.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? Harry Potter. I just started in on my re-read in preparation for Book 7.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Wherever. I have a tendency to stop in the middle of very intense passages (of any sort, emotional, suspenseful, anything). It's often overwhelming to me, and so I put the book down and reset my emotions. Sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for days. Wierd, I know.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? "Once upon a time"

Buy or Borrow? Buy. I'm bad at returning books on time. I like to pick when I get to read them, and not be constrained to 2 weeks.

New or used? Either.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? All of the above.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Tidy ending. I read two books in a row with cliffhangers one summer and it about killed me. (Roses are Red by James Patterson and A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava)

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? I rarely read in the morning, but I do read on my lunch break. I usually get the most reading in once the boys have gone to bed.

Standalone or series? I love series, but have nothing against a stand alone.

Favorite series? Stephanie Plum. Sookie Stackhouse. The In Death series. The beginning of the Anita Blake series.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald.

Favorite books read last year? Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison.

Favorite books of all time? Eat, Pray, Love. Gone With The Wind. The Little Prince. Heartbreak Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP