Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Challenges


I've been having a bit of challenge burnout. I have all these lovely books coming in that I really want to read, but they aren't on any list. I am smart enough to know that I overextended myself, but foolish enough to want to sign up for every challenge that comes along. I worried myself over the lists for a while, and finally decided that I don't have to finish them at all. Big revelation, huh? I am 100% certain that I will not complete the Southern Reading Challenge. I have decided that I will alternate challenge books with fun books, and hopefully that will satisfy both halves of my personality without making me feel guilty. I'm sure I'll still make the lists, I'm just going to build in more flexibility.



To that end- I read Born in Death by J.D. Robb over the weekend. Born in Death is a pretty typical In Death book. Overall a good book, but nothing unexpected. Lots of good stuff with Eve dealing with a pregnant Mavis, not a lot of rehashing of Eve's and Roarke's past (which I think is a good thing), not a lot of nightmares. Not a lot of Dr. Mira or Nadine, but that's ok. Overall, probably a lot less of the repetition from the rest of them (only one mention of Dr. Mira's perfect suits and tea, only one mention of Eve's hair, Roarke doesn't own an of the companies mentioned, no button in sight.) This brings me to one book behind on the series.

And finally, after a few weeks absence, Monday Math. 103 books in, 43 books read, 60 books behind. Jason, you might be right. I might be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP