Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Updated Book Lists! (TSS)

The Sunday Salon.com

I realized a couple of weeks ago that it had been a while since I updates my read list, or posted about the great reviews I'm finding. I kept meaning to write it all up as a Sunday Salon but then Sunday would come and go and I wouldn't have done it. So I'm writing it on Thursday and will set it to publish on Sunday.  Brilliant, no? I'm sure every one of you have moments like that all the time, but frankly I'm lucky to remember which shoes will hurt my feet by 5pm each day.

So here we go!  The last time I updated this list was in January, which was an excellent month for both Mike and I. Since then, we've read the following books:

My list, title link goes to Amazon, if I reviewed it the link follows the author:




  • Keeping the Feast: One Couple's Story of Love, Food, and Healing in Italy by Paula Butturini (review)






  •  The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University by Kevin Roose (short review)






  •  Waiting For Nick: Stanislaskis (The Stanislaskis) by Nora Roberts (incredibly short review)






  •  Born On A Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of an Autistic Savant by Daniel Tammet (short review)






  •  Feels Like the First Time (Harlequin Blaze) by Tawny Weber (one sentence review!)






  •  Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane (review)




  • Crafty Superstar: Make Crafts on the Side, Earn Extra Cash, and Basically Have It All by Grace Dobush


  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot






  • Grave Secret (Harper Connelly Mysteries, Book 4) by Charlaine Harris (review)






  •  Pretty In Ink: A Tattoo Shop Mystery by Karen E Olson (review)






  • Cast Member Confidential by Chris Mitchell (review)






  • Savor the Moment (The Bride Quartet, Book 3) by Nora Roberts (review)






  • When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead (review)






  • Her Best Friend (Harlequin Superromance) by Sarah Mayberry






  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 10) by Charlaine Harris






  • Dakota Home (Dakota Series #2) by Debbie Macomber






  • The Anti 9-to-5 Guide: Practical Career Advice for Women Who Think Outside the Cube by Michelle Goodman






  • Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay, Book 1) by Nora Roberts





    1. The full list (including January) can be found here.  I do have several of them on my list for review, but plan to combine some of them into one post.



      Mike's list since January, links go to Amazon as he does not review them. (I may have missed one or two, sometimes I don't notice when he finished something!)



    2. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Vintage) by Stieg Larsson






    3.  Lord of the Isles by David Drake (Picked out at the library for Mike by the Pirate!)






    4. Fatal North: Adventure Survival Abaord USS Polaris 1ST U S Expedition North Pole by Bruce Henderson






    5. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson






    6. Chuck Klosterman IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas by Chuck Klosterman






    7. State of Fear by Michael Crichton






    8.   SuperFreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance by Steven Levitt






    9. Undone (Outcast Season, Book 1) by Rachel Caine






    10. The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, Book 12) by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson






    11. The Ghost King: Transitions, Book III by RA Salvatore






    12. Changes (Dresden Files, Book 12) by Jim Butcher






    13. Delta Blues: The Life and Times of the Mississippi Masters Who Revolutionized American Music by Ted Gioia






    14. With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa by E.B Sledge






    15. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson








      1. And for the REALLY long list! These are the books I've added to my TBR list since January based on your reviews.  I'm working on an entire post about my TBR, the library, and how to use Goodreads effectively, but for now, just the list.

        Fireworks over Toccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff- Kim at I Smell Books
        Half The Sky by Nicholas Kristof and Cheryl WuDunn- Rebecca Reads
        The Magicians by Lev Grossman- Raych at books i done read
        The Wrong Man for Her by Kathryn Shay- avidbookreader
        This Book is Overdue! by Marilyn Johnson- Andi at Estella's Revenge
        Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin - Jessica at Both Eyes Book Blog
        March 2010
        Nutureshock: New Thinking About Children by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman- Janssen at Everyday Reading
        The Killer's Cousin by Nancy Werlin- Janssen at Everyday Reading
        Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins- leila at Bookshelves of Doom
        April 2010
        The Queen of Palmyra: A Novel (P.S.) by Minrose Gwin - Ti at Book Chatter
        Rumor Has It: In a town this small, a secret is hard to keep by Jill Mansell- Bookfool at Bookfoolery and Babble
        The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell - raych at books i done read
        June 2010
        Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig- Sandy M at The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
        Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson- Amanda at A Patchwork of Books
        The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells- Katiebabs at Babbling About Books

        You may notice that I failed to add ANY books in May! What can I say, it was a busy month for me! I'm pretty pleased to be fairly close to my goal of 26 books by the end of June (you can't tell unless you click over, but I'm at 23.)  Now if I could only get the TBR under control as well.



        I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks.

        1 comment:

        1. I'm glad Half the Sky caught your eye -- it's a great book!

          ReplyDelete

        Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

          © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

        Back to TOP