Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts (Bride Quartet)

Savor the Moment (The Bride Quartet, Book 3)Savor the Moment (The Bride Quartet, Book 3) by Nora Roberts.

(Scroll down to find a list of the Bride Quartet in order)

Last week I caved to temptation and picked up the lastest book in Nora Roberts's Bride Quartet. After really enjoying the first two in the series ( Vision in White (The Bride Quartet, Book 1) and Bed of Roses (The Bride Quartet, Book 2), I felt like this was a pretty safe bet on my limited book dollars. This one features Laurel, the cake maker, and Parker's brother Delaney. Laurel has, of course, loved Del her entire life but he sees her as a sister. After a completely random kiss in the kitchen, they both have to consider if they want to take the leap or not.

I think that if I had not read Bed of Roses that I'd have enjoyed this one more. As it was, it was a nice story, satisfying ending, fairly believable, but I felt we'd been there already. As with the other two, I thought Roberts did an excellent job with the professional aspect of the book (the cake making) and I really loved the interaction between the four women in the quartet.  It really sets up the remaining book (Happy Ever After (The Bride Quartet)) very nicely, and it seems that November is an awfully long ways away. I can't wait to see Mal give Parker a run for her money.

You can find Nora Roberts online at http://www.noraroberts.com/.



For this series, I'd rank them in the following order:

Vision in White (The Bride Quartet, Book 1) (my review)
Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet)
Bed of Roses (The Bride Quartet, Book 2) (my review)
Savor the Moment (The Bride Quartet, Book 3) (my review)


Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts
Berkley Trade
2010
352 pages


I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree! If I hadn't read Bed of Roses, I think I would have enjoyed this book more as well. There's just something about Jack Cooke. But Del was great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any Nora Roberts in a while since her books are usually a little too "romancey" for me, but this series seems to be very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to reading this one! I think I'm next on the hold list at my library! I hope the person who has it out now reads VERY FAST! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel and Del's story is a solid addition to the series and it feels like Nora Roberts has really hit her stride. Both the main and secondary characters are well-drawn and the story flows smoothly, referring to events in the previous two books and alluding to the final story in the series. Unlike the first two books, there are no implausible plot devices (I found Jack and Emma's argument and resulting actions in their book extremely weak) and everything ties into an excellent story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP