Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Joyce is already cramping my style! A list of books.

I recently signed up for Jill's Jousting with Joyce read-a-long of Ulysses, which started yesterday. On Monday night I hauled out my library copy (New Random House Edition from 1961) and flipped through it to mark the non-existent chapter breaks. I finished up reading Devotion: A Memoir (P.S.) by Dani Shapiro, which I read for a book tour later this month. Then, for whatever reason, I read a few pages of Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1) by Karen Marie Moning. "Oh!," my brain thought, "this is way more interesting that Ulysses!" Then I started to think about all the other great books that I have check out from my library, my library where I was so worried wouldn't have any good books!  I thought you might like to see a list of the terrible, uninteresting, uninspiring, not-at-ALL-tempting books that I have checked out right now. Yes?
People! This is more books that I read in two months, even if I don't consider Ulysses in there! I think the new library and I will get along juuuuust fine.  And Mr. Joyce, you better be worth it this time!

I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks. All content copyright Books. Lists. Life. at http://bookslistslife.blogspot.com. If you're reading this post anywhere other than there, you are reading stolen content.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Glad you're loving your new library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, now I remember one of the reasons I passed on reading Ulysses with any readalongs! I bought "The Magicians" for my son's g.f. for Christmas and she loved it. Not to try to tempt you away from Joyce or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that worry for nothing!

    I've been doing a lot of reading and re-reading in Ulysses so far. I'm snowed in today (actually snowed in instead of iced in), so I'm going to try to make more headway. It's not going to be an easy one! Think it will be my only reading for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great stack of books!! :)

    My teen was given Matched at Christmas from a friend, and I immediately thought, 'Ooo something for me to read' (LOL!) and so far, my tween was the one who read it! She thought it was just okay. I still plan on picking it up at some point, though.

    I want to read Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi too. My library has two copies, so hopefully that'll happen.

    Enjoy your new library, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP