Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tag, you're it!

I got tagged TWICE for this! I hope this means I don't have to tag 2x as many people cause I don't know that many people who read my blog!

Here's the rules:
Rules
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.

4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!

I saw the tag at Andi's blog first, so answering her's first. Please note, I have not even READ her 11 questions yet, this could end badly!

Your questions, should you choose to accept them...
1. Who would rank on your list of crushworthy authors--either for their skillz or their cutiepieness?

Completely unoriginal answer here, but John Green. Honestly, authors as a person are completely not on my radar, but I knew him from Brotherhood 2.0 before his books.



2. What is your favorite guilty pleasure book if you have guilty pleasure reading?
I love love love In the Midnight Rain by Ruth Wind. It's a contemporary romance, but the sultry blues comes right through.  The sense of place is so strong. It's not REALLY a guilty pleasure, as we all know I love romance, but I've read that one a few (or more) times.

3. Which literary female heroine would you most like to be for a day and why?
Hermoine would be cool.

4. Which television female heroine would you most like to be for a day and why?
We watch very little fictional tv, no sitcoms, no Lost, nothing.  So.. Rachel from Friends? I just don't know. (We do watch tv, it's just mainly kids shows or cooking or discovery channel or So You Think You Can Dance or something like that.)

5. If you found out you were preggers (stop hyperventilating) OR if you were buying for a friend or family member, which children's book would you consider a MUST HAVE for beginning a child's library?
Doggies by Sandra Boynton

6. Do you have a favorite independent or small press? Why do they rock?
I do not. As with the authors, I don't really pay attention to publisher until it's over. There are a few huge publishers that I know I can count on for quality, but not small ones. And I'm awful, I totally judge a book by it's cover and small press books look SO awful sometimes.
7. Have you read any independent or undersung books lately? Something that's been flying under the bloggy radar? See above.

8. What's on repeat on your MP3 player? (Selfish, I need new music.)
I really only listen to music on Pandora, but lately I've been picking a lot of blues- BB King and Eric Clapton, Adele, some Keb Mo. Despite the name, blues make me happy.

9. If you would be any pair of shoes, what would they be (feel free to refer to Pinterest or Google Image Search)?
BE? not HAVE? I'd be something practical, comfy, reliable. Maybe sanuk loafers.

10. If you won a million dollars, what would you do first?
Pay off all my debt and my moms.  Buy a nice new car. Go back to Kauai.

11. Adult beverage of choice?
White wine, gin and tonics, margaritas on the rocks.

And then I saw the tag over at Suey's.

1. Do you bake? What's your favorite thing to make?
I do bake, but I'd prefer to make dinner or appetizers. My favorite desert to bake would be brownies.

2.What's your favorite quote?
I don't really have a favorite quote. I know some things by heart (the first paragraph of Gone with the Wind!) but not really a quote that has meaning.

3.What's your biggest pet peeve?
A particular type of laziness that makes work for other people. Like not closing cupboard doors. Or leaving the bottle of whatever on the counter instead of moving your hand 24 inches to put it away.  Things you can do with NO extra effort. Like not pushing in your chair at a restaurant so the next person has to move it out of the way.

4.Who's your favorite current tv couple? (or book or movie couple)
Tris and Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth.

5. Where's the best place you've ever visited?
Kauai, Hawaii. I'd love to go back.

6.What would you do if you could do anything for a whole day?
I'd go out to eat for every meal. I'd kick everyone out of my house and be alone for most of it. I'd get a baby sitter so I could have some time alone with Mike.  I love my kids, but I spend all day with them, if I got to have my own day, without leaving Pierre, I'd probably choose to be mostly alone.

7. Look on the floor by your bed, do you have books there? How many?
None! I usually have one or more there but I'm trying very hard not to start any new books until I finish this last ILL.

8. What's the best book you've read so far this year?
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

9. What's your favorite book genre?
Young Adult or non-fiction. Maybe romance? I have to pick?

10. What are you making for dinner tonight?
Jarred spaghetti with sauted chicken added, garlic bread.

11. Why eleven questions? any quesses?
To be different?


And now my questions!
1. Could you eat the same thing for lunch every day? What would it be?
2. How many library books do you have checked out right now?
3. Do you feel strongly about specific music? or more of a music in general type person?
4. What is your favorite brick and morter retail store?
5. What is your favorite online store?
6. What is your favorite moment of heartstopping romantic tension? (Book, movie, music, tv, real life, art, anywhere.)
7. What is the first book you remember reading?
8. Are you creative in any way? How so?
9. Not counting your family, pets, and vital personal documents/pictures, what one thing would you save in a fire?
10. What is your favorite type of vacation (museums, beach, cabin, mountains, theme parks)?
11. What is the most surprising or unexpected thing you've done in the last 12 months?


I tag:
1. Wendy
2.  Samantha
3. Trish
4. Christine
5. Peaceful Reader
6. Lisa
7. Amanda
8. Amanda
9. Ti
10. Kris
11. Shawna (just answer in the comments!)







10 comments:

  1. At least you've been to Hawaii - I've yet to make it that far west!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me-I wondered what I was going to do with my Friday night:)

    I've not made it to HI and it is on my BIG bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I was tagged twice, that I know of, which was very helpful for posting inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go for answering double the questions! Love it! Andi had awesome ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so going to meet someday and drink together! I'll bring Miss H, she can watch the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've haven't been tagged in a long time and now twice as well. My answers will be up on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will answer in a week or two, but I hear ya on the eat out thing. I love to cook just because, but not when I HAVE to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new look! I've been thinking about redoing mine so that it's a bit cleaner and lighter.

    I'm currently drafting my 11 questions--wanted to do that before I answered the THIRTY THREE that I have (this is what I get for not blogging in a timely matter). Love the what's for dinner question that Suey asked!

    Also Re the laziness--last night I went to Target with Elle and I purposely parked right next to the shopping cart receptacle so that I could grab a cart and move her quickly. However, someone left their cart in the parking spot (RIGHT NEXT TO THE RECEPTACLE), so I parked as much as I could, got out, moved the cart next to me, pulled in further. Took said cart to the other side of my car, but still out in the aisle since I was next to the receptacle and some guy jacked it from me while I was getting Elle out of the car! I shot him the devil look, went to grab another cart, and started getting Elle out of the car. "Oh sorry--did you want this?" Me: "YES! I moved it close so I could get my daughter out quickly." *devil look again*

    Ok, end of story. Not returning shopping carts to receptacle is my BIGGEST pet peeve. EVER.

    PS--the new blogger word verification sucks. (oops--retelling that story made me grouchy!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for tagging me! I had fun answering your questions.

    I have a little crush on John Green too! He is awesome. :-)

    Off to get a copy of Doggies by Sandra Boynton for Mouse and a copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor for me . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP