Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Playing Catchup

Missouri River.


Wow. Guys, I'm tired. The last month has been crazy full and stressful.   Let's catch everyone up as quickly as possibly, ok?

First- I got a job! I am working for the Department of Public Safety in a M-F, 8-5 full time job. I started on March 18th, and so far it's going really well. They are more interested in training me well than in training me fast, which I really appreciate. Much of it is literally like learning a foreign language, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Second- the little ones started full time day care. This got off to a rocky start, as the Bug was (is) really unhappy about it all. We ended up swapping from an in-home daycare into a center after 8 days. He is still very unhappy, but the center is better able to deal with it, and he really is getting a lot out of the pre-school structure.  The Princess is so easy going- daycare? ok, where are the kids?? Not a moments hesitation on that girl's part.

Third- we FINALLY moved! YAY! We've been in the house a full week, but still have a few minor things to do at the apartment this week. The house is total chaos. The kitchen is done enough to use it though, and we all have beds.  Once I get more unpacked I'll give you all the grand tour. Meanwhile, I sit at the bay in our kitchen and look out at the river, and I feel like my stress levels just drop. The kids are pretty thrilled with all the space as well.

Last, the Pirate turns 8 today! CRAZY. (And the Bug is right behind him on Wednesday, turning 5.)

With all that going on, I have barely been reading at all. I guard my two 15 minute breaks at work with absolute rigidness, as they are literally the only moments between 6am and 10pm that I don't have to do anything else. No running errands, no boxes, no cleaning. I finished up On the Banks of Plum Creek (which you should go comment on, read-a-longers!), am mostly done with Eleanor and Park, and wrapped up Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, Book 7) last night. I have read pretty much NO blogs, and have no idea what's going on in your worlds. If I missed anything big, tell me in the comments, ok? My goal is to have everything more or less in order by next weekend, and then have free time again.


10 comments:

  1. Well that's not too stressful of a month, is it? I can't believe you're not sitting in a corner crying by the end of some days (maybe you are?!). Happy birthday to The Pirate and The Bug! Enjoy your new home and don't stress about getting everything settled right away. It'll get there & you have to have time to yourself and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can see why you guard those breaks like you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are getting a little calmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to everyone! The kids are growing way too fast. And I am glad the job is going well! I think every job should focus on quality training rather than just quick training.

    It sounds like you are settling into the new house well. I'm still unpacking nearly two years later. I don't think it ends. LOL

    I'm behind on the Mercy Thompson series and need to catch up. I've been trying out Kresley Cole. I think I prefer Patricia Briggs.

    I hope you find more time for yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe my comment was eaten! I'm trying to recreate what I was thinking yesterday morning but all I got is this:

    -Happy birthday Pirate and Bug!
    -I am VERY protective of my lunch break and you'll never see me crankier than when a lunch meeting unexpectedly pops up
    -Yay for less stressful daycare (hopefully...now you just need less stressful weather!)
    -The view from your kitchen is awesome. I am jealous. Can't wait to see your sewing room!!!
    -this comment is way longer than my original one. Much easier to type with all 10 fingers than with 2 thumbs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Pirate and Bug. No wonder you are tired. Just do what you are able to and absolutely have to do and forget the rest. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear so much good stuff is going on!! Happy birthday to Pirate and Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to the Pirate and to Bug. I'm so happy to hear that you have found a job, and gotten moved into your new house!! That's wonderful! the view from your window sounds lovely. What a momentous time of change for you all - I'm glad you are keeping time to read, a precious 15 minutes x2 at work. Congratulations on everything, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! On the job, the house (can't wait for pictures!) and on the hopefully easy daycare days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope things are beginning to settle down for you in a big way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP