Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, October 24, 2014

Maybe This Christmas by Sarah Morgan

I really hate to admit it, but Maybe This Christmas was a bit of a let down for me. I really loved the first two in the series, and I liked this one a lot, but it wasn't the terrific conclusion that I was anticipating.


Here's the summary:
This winter, ex-skiing champion, reformed heartbreaker and single dad Tyler O'Neil has only one mission—making sure his daughter, Jess, has the best Christmas ever. The fact that his best friend, Brenna, is also temporarily moving into his chalet at the overbooked Snow Crystal resort is a delicious distraction he's simply going to have to ignore. Theirs is the one relationship he's never ruined, and he's not about to start now.

Ski pro Brenna Daniels knows all about the perils of unrequited love—she's been in love with Tyler for years. But living with him is absolute torture… How can she concentrate on being his friend when he's sleeping in the room next door? Then when Tyler kisses Brenna, suddenly the relationship she's always dreamed of feels so close she could almost touch it. Could this be the Christmas her dreams of a happy-ever-after finally come true?



This one has a lot of *other* stuff going on. There is a really well thought out background of Brenna and Tyler's high school years, and in general a lot more information about the O'Neil family history. There's also more detail about Tyler and his daughter, Jess. All of that was well done, for the most part.


So where does this one fall? I think it's probably mostly because I love best friend stories so much, but I didn't really get that moment of giant revelation like I did with Elise and Sean in Suddenly Last Summer.  This would still be fine, but I also didn't really feel like Sean was falling in love. It was clear he was attracted to her but I just didn't see the romance from his end. On her end, she's been in love with him since high school, and just saying that seemed to be all we got. It was a sweet story, and it was a nice conclusion to the series, but it wasn't a stellar romance. That said, I'll be first in line for the next Sarah Morgan.


Maybe This Christmas will be published on October 28th.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this makes me a little nervous! I love best friend turned more stories but you do have to see that turn or it doesn't work. Oh well. I'll still read it but I'll keep my expectations low.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP