Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, January 23, 2015

Another Week of Random!


This picture has nothing to do with anything, except I love it. Our family and another family have meshed in a really terrific way. We all get along beautifully and have started trading kids off regularly as well as doing things as a family. Last weekend they invited my boys to spend the night in a local hotel and swim. This picture captures all of their personalities perfectly.

Several people have commented on how cold it is when I run. Honestly guys, it's all relative. Temps in the 30s are a beautiful day this time a year. Everyone is outside walking and running and not being stuck inside. Yes, it's still cold, but your face doesn't literally freeze (I use literally here to mean literally.) I have to make sure my ears are covered or I die. I can stand the rest of me being cold, but once the ears hurt I turn back.  Mike, on the other hand, ran one day a month or so ago and came home with his sweat frozen into ice on the back of his neck. That, friends, is crazy. That said, today's goal is to find a new training plan for a half marathon.


National Readathon Day is this weekend! I can't wait to force my kids off their games and videos for four hours of whining about no tv quiet together time. I don't care, *I* am reading all four hours, try and stop me.

Book Report!

What I Am Reading:

  • Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Bosch. This one has been on my list a while, but I just noticed it was on Scribd when I was looking for another title so I started reading.
  • The Man Who Killed Kennedy by Roger Stone. The intro scared me but I'm 7 or 8 chapters in now and it's going pretty well. I was not expecting so much gossip, and I admit to knowing nothing about LBJ at all.
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (Audio). Yes, still.
  • Fire Me Up by Kimberly Kincaid. I've barely started.
  • Something True by Karelia Stetz-Waters. Reviewed here.


New on my e-shelf:

  • Trade Me by Courtney Milan (NetGalley). I am a total Milan fan girl. I'm a bit nervous about it being a contemporary.
  • The Dead Play On by Heather Graham (NetGalley). Katherine, I'm looking at you. Why do I need more titles??




5 comments:

  1. It's so great when you find a family that fits yours like that. We've been lucky to find a few through the years. Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice to have a family that you all get along with and I love the picture. I take responsibility for the Graham but I don't feel guilty considering you're responsible for me getting NetGalley in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture for sure! I wish I could read for National Readathon Day, but dang! There's too much happening tomorrow! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a lot of fun reading the read-a-thon for National Day. Hope it turned out good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you manage to get your four hours?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP