Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, August 24, 2015

Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis

Shall I just skip this first part and remind everyone that I just always read all the Shalvis? I don't need to repeat how I automatically request all her titles, do I?  Ok, good. Moving on!


Here's your summary, from Goodreads:

Cedar Ridge, Colorado, is famous for crisp mountain air, clear blue skies, and pine-scented breezes. And it's the last place Lily Danville wants to be. But she needs a job, and there's an opening at the hottest resort in her hometown. What has her concerned is the other hot property in Cedar Ridge: Aidan Kincaid-firefighter, rescue worker, and heartbreaker. She never could resist that devastating smile . . .

The Kincaid brothers are as rough and rugged as the Rocky Mountains they call home. Aidan has always done things his own way, by his own rules. And never has he regretted anything more than letting Lily walk out of his life ten years ago. If anyone has ever been in need of rescuing, she has. What she needs more than anything are long hikes, slow dances, and sizzling kisses. But that can only happen if he can get her to give Cedar Ridge-and this bad boy-a second chance . . .

Second Chance Summer is the start of a brand new series from Shalvis now that her Lucky Harbor series has ended. This one starts with the Kincaid family, who own a struggling resort.  Ten years ago Lily left town after a series of devastating accidents, for which she blames herself, but now she's forced to return home in search of a new start.

Sadly, Second Chance Summer did not hit it out of the park for me. It was still enjoyable, and hit all the trademark Shalvis notes, but I never really connected with or enjoyed Lily at all, which made the book less than enjoyable. I understood where she was coming from and why she blamed herself for the past, but I just didn't like her. Aiden is all in from the beginning. He never expresses any hesitation about falling for Lily.  So for me it turned into a really great guy falling instantly for an unlikable girl, and wasn't a winner.  This doesn't mean that I'm not completely in on the next book in the series, and I can't wait to see what Shalvis does to salvage the resort.

Second Chance Summer was published on June 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP