Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, October 06, 2006

Books. Lists. Life.

My favorite things. I read blog after blog of people (usually women) rambling on and on about what book they're reading, or what they want to buy, or what happened to them at the grocery store and I thought "Geez, I need to get me one of those!" So, here it is. My random ramblings on the things that are important to me. I'll try not to fill this blog with all Tristan all the time, as I have an entirely separate blog for that at onemonkeyjumping.blogspot.com.

As anyone who has ever met me or been to my house knows, I have a slight obsession with books. It's not just about reading them. It's about owning them, sorting them, reading about them, talking about them, listing them. It's about having stacks of them everywhere. I sometimes even read them!

I like to make lists. I have not one, not two, but three notebooks in my purse. One of them is full of the permanant sort of lists- addresses, phone numbers, a running list of the power bill, birthdates- that kind of list. One of them is for making lists of things to do, things to read, things to buy. The other is about food and weight. I don't like that one as much. The fact that I have all these notebooks should suggest another obsession- journals. I have too many. I want more. Many of them are still blank, just waiting for the perfect use. What else can I make a list of?

Life. My life is wonderful. I want a place to record the little things that happen day to day. Silly things, important things, any things. While I have plenty of other outlets for my life- email, message boards, phone calls to friends, I'd like to have it all in one place for future reference. Hopefully this blog won't turn annoying. I don't want to be one of those people who never says anything interesting, and yet keeps talking. Perhaps I already am?

Until next time,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I heart lists AND books too! Though instead of my lists in notebooks, I prefer to scatter them everywhere on post-it notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are cut from the same cloth -- and I definitely keep talking about nothing interesting!

    its so fun to read people's first posts compared to what they blog about now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP