Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

I've been working hard to finish up several books that I've half read. One of those was Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. This was Giffin's first novel and the story of Rachel White and her best friend Darcy. On Rachel's 30th birthday she gets drunk, ends up in bed with Darcy's fiance and they fall in love. (All of that is on the back of the book! No Spoilers here!) Now, if you know me AT ALL, you know that this is not the kind of plot that I usually enjoy. It's the betrayal of the friendship that bothers me, not so much the affair. I was really interested to see how the author would be able to pull it off and make me feel sympathy for Rachel and Dex. I assumed there would come a point where it would just be To Much for me (as often happens to me with conflict in books) and I would just stop reading. That never happened. The book is so well written and smooth that soon you find yourself rooting for Rachel. It's all wrapped up really neatly at the end, maybe too neatly, but overall was a good book.

There is a sequel called Something Blue, but don't read the synopsis unless you want to know ending of Something Borrowed. I will read the sequel just to see how she can turn Darcy back into someone I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP