Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Italy



One of the earliest conversations Mike and I had was about Italy. We both wanted to learn to speak Italian, and go to Rome one day. Then life happened and Tristan happened and well, it was a dream. This summer my aunt Sharon and cousin Alanna went to Italy and fired us both up again. We started a savings account (it's tiny) and I have been collecting books about Italy. I borrowed an Italian phrase book on CD from the library to listen to in the car (it was nice to hear, but really hard to follow along without the text.) I keep listening to Josh Groban singing in Italian.



Currently in my stack of books I have:
  • A Thousand Days in Venice by Marlena De Blasi
  • Pasquale's Nose by Michael Rips
  • Desiring Italy edited by Susan Cahill
  • Brunelleschi's Dome by Ross King
  • Galileo's Daughter by Dava Sobel
Now I just need more time to read...


(picture credit goes to Sharon and Alanna, I have no idea what it is a picture of, but it's from their trip!)

1 comment:

  1. The Man and the Woman are also saving for a very long trip- most likely to Japan. The Woman wants to see Fuji; the Man wants to eat Sushi until he explodes.

    So money that could be spent on Greenies, goes into an account so that I can get sent back to the Kennel again.

    Although, I believe that if they go to Japan, I really should accompany them as it is my Homeland.

    I Am Shiba. I Have Spoken.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP