Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, March 02, 2007

I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron


Nora Ephron, creator of When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle is the author of I Feel Bad About My Neck and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman. This is a short little book of essays on various topics including purses (she doesn't love them), manicures (ditto), New York (loves it), and aging (hates it.) For the most part the essays are funny, and they are light and easy (yes, even the one on death.) I suspect this book is aimed at women a generation older than me, and perhaps would be a bit more meaningful to them. I had similar thoughts about Joan Didion's Year of Magical Thinking, which I read last summer. It was good, but it wasn't all it was made out to be. Get it from the library, not the bookstore.

This was my 7th book for the New Author Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP