Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, April 16, 2007

101 Things in 1001 Days

I saw this idea at someone else's blog. I quickly read it, and thought, eh, but the idea would not go away. I managed to find the main site again, but can't for the life of me remember whose blog I first saw it on! I'm sorry, if it was you let me know, and I'll give you credit.

Here's the info from Triplux.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.


I'll be putting my list over here. Once I make it. My list starts April 17, 2007 and ends January 12, 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, this has been difficult! Like you, I'd seen it on other blogs and didn't really pay much attention. It's taken me a week, here and there and so far I've only got 66 items on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I thought, how hard can it be? there are TONS of things I need to do. But it turned out that a lot of things I need to do are hard to put on a list of concrete items. You can't put "focus on family" or "keep the house cleaner". Sure you could do, "sweep the living room every day" but wow that would be hard to keep track of!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP