Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, April 30, 2007

Charlaine Harris, Carrie Vaughn, and a little weekend reading

I actually finished two books this weekend!

The first book I read was Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn. This is another entry in the vampire/werewolf alternate reality genre. I seem to be obsessed with these books lately. This one is about Kitty (duh), the werewolf host of a popular radio station. There's a few murders, a little bit of pack dominance to work out, the usual. I didn't find anything about this one particularly unusual or noteworthy. It was good, but it didn't stand out of it's crowd. I'll probably go ahead and get the second one on paperbackswap, but it won't be at the top of the TBR.

On Saturday we took a road trip to Pierre, which is about 3 hours away. I did a little crocheting in the car, and read a little here and there. I finished up Shakespeare's Christmas by Charlaine Harris on Saturday night. If you've read any other of the Lily Bard mysteries you know how this one was. It was good, taken together this is a good series. If I didn't love the Sookie Stackhouse books I probably wouldn't continue on with these, but they are very quick and I only have two left in the series, so I'll read them.

Then I started reading Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner. This one is part of my TBR challenge books. The first line of the Publishers Weekly review is " What would happen if Buffy the Vampire Slayer got married, moved to the suburbs and became a stay-at-home mom?" I'm about 80 pages in and so far I am not impressed.

For this week's math: 57 in, 21 read, 36 behind. I'm still behind, but the rate is a little slower!

1 comment:

  1. I read -- and liked -- Carpe Demon. Kitty's regrettably still on Mt. TBR -- I'm really eager to read it, but there's all this other stuff ahead of it. Most of which I'm quite eager to sit down with and read.

    And the experts say people are reading less. Are those experts looking at people like us?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP