Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #15


This weeks Thursday Thirteen is in honor of Mother's Day- great things about being a mom.

  1. I've been promised that I can sleep in on Sunday. No snuggling until *I* request it! No breakfast in bed until *I* request it.
  2. Most mornings I get the Monkey out of bed and he snuggles in my big chair with me until it's time to get ready for work.
  3. On the days I pick him up from daycare he is SO SO excited to see me.
  4. When he unexpectedly gives me a kiss, or takes my hand and kisses my palm for no reason.
  5. Someone might buy me one of these chairs for reading in the backyard on Mother's Day.
  6. Perfect opportunity for a small gift card.
  7. Living with a two year old can be so much fun. You get to see things in new ways all the time.
  8. Getting to identify the town landmarks *every*single*time* we pass them- Dinosaur! Guitar! Fire Hydrant! (ok, so that last one might not be a landmark to YOU...)
  9. Finding monkey stuff in your bag all the time- suckies, big bird, stickers, etc.
  10. Watching my little guy flirt with the new girl at daycare. His first crush! Awww.
  11. Looking for ways he's like me or his dad.
  12. Encouraging his obsessions (dinosaurs! fire fighters!)
  13. Being a mom is the greatest thing ever. It's also the hardest thing ever, but so worth it. I love that monkey so much!

14 comments:

  1. First the pic is cute. So do you really think you'll sleep in? My family always promises that and granted I sleep until 7 but that's their sleeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you via the Thirteen Things site. I love the look of your blog, but I was drawn in by the name - I love books and I love to make lists! Lists of books are great, heh. Anyway, just wanted to leave a note letting you know I enjoyed my visit to your blog. I'm looking over your various reading challenges and feel very inspired to try a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can sleep in.

    Your son is so cute. Enjoy it now, before you know it he will be 14!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, thanks for sharing. I feel exactly that way about my seven year old daughter and I could just gobble her up she's so sweet! She makes every day special. Happy Mother's Day to a mom like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute pic! I hope you are really able to get that sleeping in time on Sunday. (Hope I do too!)

    I love when I notice how my DD is like someone in one of our families.

    Happy TTing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. So many people have so many reasons to smile this mother's day.

    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Monkey is lucky to have you as a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!! I love being a Mom too! Never even thought about using this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far my baby has dinosaur shirts and books but he doesn't know what it is. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dude, woman!

    Just wait... it gets SO much better and funnier. However, my son's long past the landmark stage -- but a few weeks ago, he pointed one out to #2, just like he'd been telling us about it all along. Really blew me away; I'd thought he'd forgotten it and the days of it were over.

    Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious. I tell ya, my two year old is a handful but I just love her. Even right now as she's screaming in her bed that she doesn't want to go to bed :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice comments everyone. We had a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP