Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Briefly- Rebecca Eckler

Last winter I read Knocked Up by Rebecca Eckler and was unimpressed. (Review here.) I thought she was incredibly focused on the weight she gained while pregnant. I had received the book through paperbackswap though, and because I was so sure I'd love it, I'd also requested her followup Wiped! Life with a Pint-size dictator. I didn't read Knocked Up until I had both.

I pulled Wiped! out of the TBR as a potentially quick and easy read for the July Book Blowout (SO not gonna meet my goal of 8!) It turns out that she's just as annoying as a mother as she was pregnant. She's just certain that having a baby won't change her life, she'll immediately go back to her fabulous lifestyle. AND, she's just as annoying about the weight. Here's a little sample from the preface:

I was not good at being pregnant. By the end of my third trimester, I had gained forty-seven pounds (almost half my body weight), walked like a penguin, had wrist fat, couldn't see my cheekbones, and was wearing red slippers in public and asking the Fiance, "Is my ass fat?" three times a day. (Okay, three times an hour.)

That pretty much sums up Knocked Up. No mention of morning sickness, of aches and pains, of depression, or worry about being a good mom, or anything. Just HOW FAT AM I?? A brief scan of Wiped indicates the same story, now with a baby! Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice... I have too many books waiting to be read, and I can't see myself missing this one. Off to paperbackswap it goes.

NEXT!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP