Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, March 05, 2009

ZZzzzzz

Seriously guys, I'm TIRED. You know that post a few days ago about my messy house? That's not even the tip of the iceberg.

Friday night, the Bug started throwing up. By Saturday morning I was in my FOURTH pair of pajamas. It would seem that when babies feel all icky, they need to burrow into their mama. We were up a few times with him that night, and by noon on Saturday he stopped throwing up and moved on to congested and coughing. Sunday night we were up a lot. Monday arrived and due to a combination of work related politics, neither of us could stay home with him, so he went to stay with Grandpa. Monday night was HORRIBLE. We were up EVERY hour. Tuesday morning he was better, so they both went to daycare, where he still coughed, but was overall well. (In the interest of full disclosure, I discussed it with my daycare provider before leaving, she was ok with it. They are all sick. I think I'll be taking her a nice appreciation gift tomorrow.) Yesterday the Bug was much MUCH better. There was much rejoicing.

Last night we went to bed at 9 (hey, we were TIRED!). Then we got up at 11:15 with the Pirate. The Pirate has cough related asthma (we think) and had worked himself into a fine panic. Then I got thrown up on AGAIN. Then, not wanting to be left out, the Bug joined the awake party. Finally, about 1:30 we all ended up back in our beds. YAY!

But! At 3, the Pirate was awake again and needed his mommy, who crawled into HIS bed (Toddler bed!) for 45 minutes of drowsy soothing.

I headed back to my bed about 4.

The Bug woke up at 5:30 for the day.

I am at my desk, but I am not so sure I'm conscious.

(We are treating the short people for the actual colds, but if you have any suggestions on how to calm a panicked child down, I'd love to hear them.)


.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the joys. I hope things get better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the weekend is in sight. Sorry you've had such a stinky week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has reactive airway which was caused by her aspirating a fuse bead into her lung at daycare. It left some scarring so whenever she catches a cold, I had to jump on it to keep it from going to her chest otherwise it's breathing treatments and inhaler stuff for days on end. So I can relate to the asthma thing.

    Not being able to breathe or feeling that you cannot breathe would put anyone into a panic. Honestly, I think the paper bag thing helps. The noise of it and being able to see it expand seems to help.

    You guys must be so exhausted but maybe you can catch-up on sleep a bit this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I hope everyone is feeling better soon. I've been there- one night, my ds started puking- this was in the thick of his Sensory Integration problems- and every time he puked, he'd SCREAM and FREAK THE HELL OUT. He was five at the time, so there was a lot of physical freaking out too. Three hours into the puke-fest and we had no blankets left at ALL in the house (and I love blankets and can count six of them from where I sit right now, and that's just in the living room!). It was AWFUL, I was up til 4 am doing laundry in our apartment's coin-operated laundry room downstairs. Horrible.

    Feel better soon, you guys. The best advice I have on calming a panicked child is presenting a calm front yourself, even if you're not feeling it. Act calm, and try for distraction. I'd ask my ds silly questions, recite lines from his favorite book or movie, things like that, to try to get his mind off whatever was freaking him out at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lisa! Poor you! I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I think we're mostly on the mend now. Everyone got a lot of sleep last night, which really helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP