Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, December 06, 2009

November Wrap Up and the Rest of the Year (TSS)

Only one month to go before 2010! How's everyone doing on their goals? I was hoping to read 52 books this year, but since I've started sewing more reading time slips away. I'm holding at 42 for the year. I have several books in the works and am sure to finish a couple of them, so if I finish out at 45 or 46 I'll be happy.

The ones I'm likely to finish:

Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, Book 2) by Patricia Briggs
American Roulette: How I Turned the Odds Upside Down by Richard Marcus
The MacKade Brothers: Rafe And Jared: The Return Of Rafe MacKade\The Pride Of Jared MacKade by Nora Roberts
The Year of Living Biblically by A J Jacobs

The ones I've started and won't likely finish before 2010:

Just the Sexiest Man Alive By Julie James
Monkey Girl: Evolution, Education, Religion, and the Battle for America's Soul by Edward Humes
For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, Book 5) by Kim Harrison

I also have a few library books out, and one more on hold at the library. In a perfect world, I'd read these too.

Making the Grades: My Misadventures in the Standardized Testing Industryby Todd Farley
Parallel Play: Growing Up with Undiagnosed Asperger's by Tim Page (Did you review this one? I can't remember who's review I read.)
The Genius Engine: Where Memory, Reason, Passion, Violence, and Creativity Intersect in the Human Brain by Kathleen Stein
Maus I: A Survivor's Tale by Art Speigelman
The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal by Ben Mezrich

(Seeing as that's 11 books and I've only read 42 this whole year, it's not likely that I'll get very far on this list!)


I didn't add so many books to my list this month, which may be because I'm WAY behind on Reader and there are still a ton of November posts waiting for me. But here's what I did add, and who is to blame.

A Sportscaster's Guide to Watching Football by Mark Oristano - Ti at Book Chatter
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson- Raych at books i done read
The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes- Keris at Five Minutes Peace
Come Closer: A Novel by Sara Gran- Nymeth at things mean a lot
Too Good To Be True by Kristin Higgins- Kay at the Infinite Shelf
Virgin River by Robin Carr- Jaime at Confessions of a Bibliophile

What have you added to your list recently? What are your goals for the rest of the year? Do you expect to finish everything you had hoped? Are you planning to take a week off life to read it all?




Don't forget to check my shop for last minute Christmas gifts!

I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks.

9 comments:

  1. I've never done this book reading goal thing. This month I started goals for cleaning my house, though. ;) You read waaaaaay more than me. My favorite time to read was always on my commute (I didn't drive!), and now that I'm a stay at home mom, I lost my commute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the new year started I made all of these goals. I have met some of them but not my reading goals. I wanted to read 50 books but I have probably read 5 or 6. I didn't keep track. I do have a good excuse;) I am going to make some goals again for next year and complete them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that I don't do re-caps? I keep track of the books I've read for the year via the 100+ challenge but the list is there and that's all I plan to do and that's the only challenge I am doing next year. Boy that was a long sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Briggs' Hunting Ground earlier this year. It's a fairly short read, so you can definitely squeeze that one in before the year is up.

    I also read Higgins' Too Good To Be True. I love Higgins' books. Very sweet and good doses of humor.

    I'm maybe 20 pages from finishing my 75th book of 2009. (Vision In White by Nora Roberts). I joined a 100+ Challenge for 2010. That's going to be a stretch.

    Good luck getting a few more books in over the next few weeks! I'll be doing the same. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished The Book Thief. I only fit in about one book a month and I like it to be awesome. This one did not disappoint. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really hoping to read 12 books in December so it would bring my yearly total up to 150 (that number wasn't my original goal though) but it seems unlikely as we're halfway through December and I've finished 2 books so far. So scrap that idea and I'll just read when I can.

    I also love how I've heard of almost none of the books you've mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I maybe should go back and count the books I've read...that would be a good place to start! Maybe I could get that accomplished before the new year. I commend you for your lofty goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you've got a great list of books going. Good luck finishing at least some of them and have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP