Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, January 07, 2011

Random Friday for January 7th

Random thoughts:

Can you read the expiration date on that can? I'll give you a hint, it's the same month I graduated from high school. I will be 36 in June. I found that when we moved, and yes, it was the only can of baking powder we had.
Where do you keep your belts? On a special rack? On hangers? On the floor of the closet?

I reached outside myself and found some other moms this week. We went to library storytime and then to a playground at a church. The Bug was thrilled. I hope to keep it up.


Books I Read This Week:

Oh No She Didn't: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them by Clinton Kelly. Quick and easy to read, very humorous. I was happy to find that I only make a handful of the mistakes and that I agree with pretty much everything he said.

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. Not finished, might not. Started really strong, but 120 pages in it's very childlike and boring to me.

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. About half done, really enjoying it so far.

The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears in Paris at the World's Most Famous Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn. Also about half done, good, but not awesome.




A Look Back at This Week's Posts:

2011 Reading Goals and 2010 year end reading wrap up
2010 Books Read
I resolve to be a different person.
Beautiful Disaster by Laura Spinella review

Shop Update:

I introduced a brand new product line to the made by Lisah shop this week! Are you a knitter? Know a knitter? These are storage rolls for your double point needles. They hold ten sets of needles and roll up to a compact little bundle. They are very awesome and I used some of my very favorite bird fabric on them.

I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks. All content copyright Books. Lists. Life. at http://bookslistslife.blogspot.com. If you're reading this post anywhere other than there, you are reading stolen content.

6 comments:

  1. THROW IT AWAY. I have old stuff in my pantry but baking powder should be a bit fresher. ;) Your cookies will all be flat!!

    Glad you're getting out--will probably be easier, too, in the spring when the weather is nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is a sad can of baking powder! Funny though!

    I remember in high school tossing things that didn't have barcodes. That was pretty gross.

    Sorry you didn't like the Mysterious Benedict Society. I loved it, but yes, it is child-like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I love my house and the size of the plot it's on, the kitchen is half the size of what I am used to so I have to weed out the old stuff on the regular basis.

    Good for you on reaching out to the ladies. I did the same! I asked a group of women to try a new restaurant with me and they said yes! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find out of date stuff every time we move, but not quite that old! LOL

    Yay for you for putting yourself out there! It will get easier as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I guess you don't use very much baking powder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP