Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, March 28, 2011

My done list and my to do list for Monday.

Things I done did:
  • Drove approximately 149.5 miles of a 150 mile trip prior to blowing out my (not at all old) tire.
  • Blew out my tire half a mile from my friend's home, my final destination.
  • Stayed up way too late and the slept in a twin bed with two of my children.
  • Loved myself for purchasing Roadside Assistance when I swapped insurance last month. Hi, free tire change in the snow!
  • Spent much of Saturday chasing down a new tire for my odd sized car. A $167 tire.
  • Side note: I dealt with four different companies for all this, and had excellent customer service at all four: the company that handles Progressive's Roadside Assistance, Carter at Tow Pros, TMA and Martin at Tires Plus.  I would recommend any of them.
  • Went to Target to console myself.
  • (Mike, look away.)  Bought new sandals for me and the girl. (Wanted these but her feet are too thick.)
  • And a shower curtain.
  • Loaded all of the rest of my crap from the old house into a trailer.
  • Drove 3 hours back home with a crying 5 year old who wanted out of the car. 
  • Stopped at one point, in the absolute middle of nowhere, and offered to let him out.
  • He declined.
  • Did I mention, it was snowing? (See: new sandals.)
  • Unloaded trailer at storage unit.
  • Came home, did not unload car. Dude. I'm tired.
  • Woke up to more snow. (See: new sandals)
  • Took the Pirate to school while the Bug complained, loudly, that he wanted the Pirate to stay home.
We move on Friday. That's like 4 days away. I have a lot to do. This is my list, just for today:
  • Drink coffee.
  • Feed baby.
  • Print new weekly to do list and fill in already scheduled tasks.
  • Do dishes and wipe counters. (twice)
  • Put roast in crock pot.
  • Move all the laundry to the laundry room.
  • Start laundry.(three loads!)
  • Unload car.
  • Sort boxes of crap from the car into things that go to storage, things that go to the apartment, and trash.
  • Attempt to do 4 (four) hours of paying work today. (This is a bit optimistic.)(1.5 hours as of 8:45pm)
  • Pack the baby's closet.
  • Pack the office closet (this house has a wide closet with a built in office.)
  • Do not get distracted by sorting paperwork. Just pack it.
  • All the other daily things like meals, diapers, school pick up, etc.
Yeah, not so bad. I can do that. Rah rah!! (I'll let you know how it goes.)(Updated: 8:45pm- original post at 8:51, not 7:51, I can't figure out how to change the time zone for posting!)



I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks. All content copyright Books. Lists. Life. at http://bookslistslife.blogspot.com. If you're reading this post anywhere other than there, you are reading stolen content.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you can do it! You'll definitely deserve a reward when this is all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten a lot done in the last couple of days! You mentioned an apartment. Are you moving to an apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you must have been like a human tornado to do all that and watch children, too.

    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP