You may recall that at the beginning of the year I set a handful of reading challenges for myself. I had two friends pick a list of books for me to read, and then I committed to reading all of Janssen's favorites from last year. Well it suddenly occurred to me that we're looking at about 10 weeks til the end of the year and I have quite a few books left on those lists!
Here's where I am on the personal challenge-
From Shawna's list:
- A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson- I own a copy, but have not read it.
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn- gonna have to ILL this one
- The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum- I have read this
- 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult- I've checked this out several times, but haven't opened it.
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood- I currently have the book and the ebook but am only a couple chapters in.
- The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
- Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer- I have read part of this, and it is really really not my style. I'll try again.
- Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham
- Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath- I've read this one.
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt - Read and reviewed, bits of this one keep coming back to me
- What Alice Forgot by Liana Moriarty- Read for BlogHer
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- Read and reviewed
- Falling For Hamlet by Michelle Ray- read and reviewed
- Make the Bread, Buy the Butter by Jennifer Reese- read and reviewed (kinda)
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson - downloaded to my Nook
- Room by Emma Donoghue- this one still scares me
- Split by Swati Avasthi- read and reviewed, can't stop thinking about this one
- After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vandenpool
- The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
Oh, but wait. There's a few books on my Nook from Net Galley. I should read those before they expire too.
- Just a Wish Away by Barbara Freethy
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Erebos by Ursula Poznanski
- Death Masks by Jim Butcher
- Sullivan's Woman by Nora Roberts
- Married by Mistake by Abby Gaines
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie- Finished this up last night
What's that? I can't hear you. You'll have to speak up. Oh. That. Yeah. That one might push me over the edge. And speaking of chunksters, there's this one too. So 23 books total. Once I read them all I"ll have read about twice the number of books I read last year. I don't see any reason why this won't happen.
Nah, I got all the time in the world to sit around and read.
PS. At the time of writing this post I had 21 library books checked out. Books that do not appear anywhere on this list. I carefully wrote them all down and returned them. Oh, well, except for one or two. And I can't very well not read the two ILL books I just requested last week, I can't renew those.
If you need me, I'll be over there with my nose in a book.