- Mama! It's Snowing!
- Are there really 2 year olds out there whose waist is as big as the waist of your average 2T jeans? None of my children have ever fit into a pair that did not have adjustable waists. Well, they fit in, they just don't STAY in.
- I'm trying to make a grocery list to get us through to Thanksgiving. I'm struggling to find anything that I want to make. Suggestions?
- We have not one single plan for Thanksgiving. I am both thrilled to have quiet day and a bit sad to miss all the celebration. We'll still make the feast, but it won't be quite the same.
- Just when Mike and I think we can live without cable, we get hooked on some show. This time it's The Next Iron Chef (again.)
What I Read This Week:
- The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan. I've only barely started.
- And Then He Kissed Her by Laura Lee Guhrke. Still enjoying it.
- The Perfect Hope: Book Three of the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy (The Inn Trilogy) by Nora Roberts. I read it in one evening, with only a break to tuck kids into bed. This is the Nora Roberts I love- not a knock your socks off romance, but great community and family and a strong enough romance to make a girl happy.
- Running Away to Home: Our Family's Journey to Croatia in Search of Who We Are, Where We Came From, and What Really Matters by Jennifer Wilson. I just got this one from ILL and am only a couple chapters in. It's the type of memoir I enjoy- a runs away from their over scheduled American life to live a hundred years ago in Croatia.(Am I the only one slightly obsessed with pictures of Croatia?)
The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson. I admit this one is losing steam. I'm having a hard time with the writer's voice- it's too casual and feels pretty unedited.
- Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham. Finished this one up, from the list. I kind of think Grisham should stick to adult thrillers. It ended without an end, in the worst kind of way. Like a TV show that says "to be continued" and leaves every single storyline hanging. Sadly, even that is not enough to get me to pick up the next one I just don't care what happens.