- Our dog had surgery yesterday to remove a very large fatty tumor. Can you imagine how incredibly confusing a day like this would be to a dog? They take you to the vet and leave you, then the next thing you know your leg is naked and you feel a little dazed. Your people come get you, and then make you wear this thing to bed. Anyway, tumor gone, dog back home, hopefully with much better mobility.
- My hex count goal for the end of January was 525. I was afraid I wouldn't make it, since I missed a few days and didn't account for the first week of the month (whoops), but I just counted and I have 526 hexes. Go me! Only 2499 to go!
- We have finally found a series of books that the Pirate enjoys! The Beast Quest series have been a hit. I worry that he'll just reread them endlessly when he runs out, but for now he likes them. (He still doesn't read without prompting, but at least he LIKES what he is reading.)
- My job search is very slow going. That's all I'm going to say on that.
- Yesterday the wind chill in Pierre was negative 31. That's below zero. That is COLD. That lure of free land must have been pretty great to stick it out as a settler.
What I Read This Week:
- The Name of the Star (The Shades of London) by Maureen Johnson. Finished this up a couple nights ago, enjoyed it immensely. Review written and scheduled for Monday.
- Too Wicked to Wed (Lords of Midnight)by Cara Elliott. Finished this one up as well. The romance is terrific, but there are a couple of fairly big moments of stupidity that made me not like it as much. I still want to read the rest, should I find a cheap copy.
- Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)by Laini Taylor. Probably shouldn't even mention this, as I've read one page, but I have to turn it back in on Sunday, so I'll be reading the heck out of it this weekend.
- Infinite West: Travels in South Dakota by Fraser Harrison. I picked this up since it was about South Dakota, and you all know how I love local stuff. The intro was a bit wordy, but the first chapter is really interesting. I'm taking my time with this one.