Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pink and gray hexagon quilt for baby girls

Remember when I told you I was obsessed with sewing hexagons? Well I talked and talked and dreamed and talked about the idea of doing a pink and gray hexagon quilt for the Princess with my friend Lisa from gitdownkitty.  Lisa happens to work at a quilt shop AND be a very generous person.  Friday in the mail I found this.

Pink and gray fabric stack 005

Guess it's time to put her money where my mouth is. (I'm gonna need more gray, don't you think?)

Pink and gray fabric gradient circle

I'm starting with these four, because I love them. (Seriously, who does not love polka dots?)

pink and gray hexagon fabrics

This fabric has little gray butterflies on it. Lauren loves "flyflies".

Flyfly on my hex!

I'm planning to do a layout that is somewhere between this (yes, I know this is not a quilt):

Source: weheart.co.uk via Lisa on Pinterest

and this:


but all in shades of gray and pink. In theory, I'd like to finish this one before the rainbow one, but we'll see.

6 comments:

  1. Those colors are beautiful! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a scrap of that pink polka dot. Such a gorgeous soft color. & love the hexagon pattern. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy wow!! Beautiful colors--having seriously envy right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful colours. It's going to be lovely.

    I'm hexagon-ing myself at the moment, although mine is intended to be a random scrap one. They are so relaxing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! I'd love to talk to you about hexes, but I can't find an email address!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP