- I really liked this blog post on reader hype and how it turned into a rant about Fifty Shades of Gray NOT being a romance novel. " Which makes me sound snobby and elitist, but it's hard to keep a sense of humor about stuff like this when people either 1) Squee! about Fifty Shades, then look disdainfully at my Harlequin Romance or 2) Use Fifty Shades as an example for all of Romancelandia (See? This book sucks - ergo all romance novels must suck!)."
- This amazing story about a family living in Siberia who hadn't had human contact in 40 years, and thus had no idea WWII had happened.
- YALSA's Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013. I haven't read any of them, but most of them are already on my list.
- Interesting post on writing what you love and not worrying about what will sell by Allison Winn Scotch.
- You know I'm not an Anne Shirley fan, but I totally agree this post at Publisher's Weekly's ShelfTalker about the new cover.
- The body of Richard III has been found, that's pretty cool.
- Scarlet fever probably didn't blind Mary Ingalls?
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
Posted by Lisa at 7:00 AM