Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Recent reading

I may not have been posting much lately, but I have been reading. Unfortunately, several of the books I've read aren't out for another six weeks. I've scheduled full reviews of them for closer to their release dates but meanwhile, my brief thoughts-

First, When We Met by Susan Mallery. We all know I'll read every Fool's Gold book she writes. This one features a strong hero and a forgettable heroine, but I'd still recommend the series.

Next up, Delancey: a Man, a Woman, a Restaurant, a Marriage by Molly Wizenberg. I loved this every bit as much as A Homemade Life.

Then I moved on to Donna Alward's House on Blackberry Hill. I didn't love this one as much as Her Rancher Rescuer, but that may be because Alward is testing the waters on full length romances. Despite the shakiness, I will go on to read them rest of the series.

White Cat by Holly Black. This is the first in a series of books about curse workers. This is a unique take on the paranormal and one I quite enjoyed. It's got curses, deception, mob-like loyalties, and just the slightest touch of romance. Unlike many books in the YA world, while there are more in the series it does not end on a cliffhanger. Which is good because I ILL'd it so my wait time on the others is fairly long.

I have a ton more books waiting on the iPad, so hopefully reading will continue at this nice pace!

 

3 comments:

  1. Delancey looks like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy. Glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read White Cat when it first came out and keep meaning to read the rest of the series. At this point I would probably have to reread White Cat to do so!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP