I've seen this on several blogs now and thought it would be fun to play along. Bonus points that it's much easier to write this post than to write a review.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
No. I wish I did. As it is I'm constantly moving around looking for the place with the quietest children. I often rule out the couch because there's so much debris from the kids in there that I'd feel like I had to clean up before I could relax. (Sidenote: We spent a ton of time this summer trying to teach the kids to not trash the living room. We have had near negative success. It's disheartening.)
2. Do you use a bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Neither. My books magically remember my spot.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain amount of pages?
I can stop anywhere. I like to SAY "Let me just finish this chapter..." but it's really just an excuse.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Almost always. My Kindle stays open nice and flat, there's no glare ever, and I can turn pages with the back of a knuckle, so if I were eating something sticky it would not be an issue.
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
I can read through almost anything, if I want to. Good thing too, because quiet is rare at my house.
6. Do you read one book at a time or several at once?
Several. Always. I'll often have one that I pay the most attention to, and I might read one in it's entirety without dipping into another, but it's not intentional.
7. Do you prefer to read at home or anywhere?
I prefer to read on the boat, but if that's not an option I'll read anywhere.
8. Do you read out loud or silently?
To my kids, but why would I read aloud to myself?
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I have no problems DNF'ing a book, but I'd never skip entire pages. I might skip occasional paragraphs where the author falls into description.
10. Do you break the spine or keep it like new?
Back when I read print books I was careful with them, but not obsessive. If the spine broke it wasn't a big deal. When buying used books I would look for the nicest copy. With my Kindle... well, same thing actually. I throw it in my purse and don't worry about it, but I don't take it in the tub either. So careful, but not crazy.
11. Do you write in your books?
No. I do highlight in the Kindle, but I never wrote in paper.
What to participate? Leave a link so I can check out your answers or answer in the comments.