Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Reading meme

I've seen this at least a dozen times now, so thought I'd play along.

What are you reading right now? I am reading about 8 different things. You can see a complete list on the sidebar. The primary ones are Looking for Alaska (in my pants) by John Green, and Glass House by Rachel Caine.

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that? One of the others on that long long list. Or Twilight by Stephenie Myers. Or something for a challenge.

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now? No magazines at the moment. Anne of Green Gables is in there though. I'm reading it for a challenge, and not loving it, so it's best taken in small doses.

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read? I can't really remember hating anything I was forced to read. I have a vague memory of hating a book in high school, but sure can't remember what is was (Gina, do you remember?)

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone? It was Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert for a while, and now I think The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Before those it was The Little Prince.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they? No, because we have self-checkout.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all? I've gotten a mixed response to Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I LOVED it.

Do you read books while you eat? While you bathe? While you watch movies or TV? While you listen to music? While you’re on the computer? While you’re having sex? While you’re driving? I read while I eat, while I'm surfing online, while I watch tv. I do not read while driving or having sex. I WOULD read while bathing, except my bathtub sucks. I read while The Monkey bathes.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits? Not that I recall, except one incident where I didn't want to stop reading to participate in a birthday party I was attending. My own birthday party, that is.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down? I rarely stay up that late any more, but The Book Thief was one, and I woulda stayed up for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows if I hadn't finished in the daytime.

3 comments:

  1. I had a mixed response to Anne of Green Gables. Overall I liked it but ...
    What bothered me about it was the character of Anne and her INCESSANT chatter! The author did such a good job that I found myself wanting to tell her to just be quiet for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked that there are people out there who didn't love Anne of Green Gables. Someone bought me the first book, but I remember the rest of the series were the first books that I bought myself with my piggy money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I'll have to look for your Eat, Pray, Love review! I just picked it up at Target and I think it will be my Sept armchair traveler book (while reading on vacation). Yippee!

    I didn't care for Anne, but I LOVED the series as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP