Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two dogs, a duck, some kisses and a bunny.

I've been keep track of all the books I check out of our local library and I thought that I'd start sharing the picture books that we've enjoyed, maybe on a monthly basis or so. We tend to bring home 5 or 10 new books every time we visit the library, but we're not very picky so a lot of them turn out to be duds. Here's the best children's books from the last month or so.

McDuff's New FriendMcDuff's New Friend by Rosemary Wells. This was a Christmas story, but could be read any time. We'd never read about McDuff before and it led me to pick up a couple others. I love the old fashioned setting and feel of it.

Grumpy GloriaGrumpy Gloria by Anna Dewdney. So nice to call someone other than the Bug grumpy! Bug! are you Grumpy Gloria today?

I Will Kiss You: Lots & Lots & LotsI Will Kiss You: Lots & Lots & Lots by Stoo Hample. The boys crack up at tushie every time.

Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky AdventureThump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure by Doreen Cronin. These are just fun to read, I love most any kid's book with repetition.

Henry & the Crazed Chicken PiratesHenry & the Crazed Chicken Pirates by Carolyn Crimi. Definitely gonna be picking up Henry & the Buccaneer Bunnies. I mean, any pirate bunny who is worried about parrot poop in their eyes? A hit.

What pictures books have you discovered lately? Are your kids, like mine, easily amused with any sign of poop in their books?



I am an Amazon Associate. As such, any purchase you make at Amazon.com after following a link from this blog will earn me a (tiny) percentage back as income. Thanks. All content copyright Books. Lists. Life. at http://bookslistslife.blogspot.com. If you're reading this post anywhere other than there, you are reading stolen content.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes ... at 9 years old, my son is still all giggles whenever poop is mentioned in a book. Boys and their bathroom humor.

    Love Doreen Cronin's books! They're so much fun.

    Caught up on your blog last night and am very glad to hear the move went well. It must be a relief to have everyone back together again. We'll be following in your footsteps soon ... more details on the blog to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I Will Kiss You" has been a hit in our house for a few years now. And the STILL laugh when his tiny tushie shows.

    We like "Bear Snores On" by Karma Wilson. There are tons of Bear books by her, but we only own "Bear Snores On" Hmmm...now that I am thinking about it, this may have been a gift from you.

    They also love "What Pete Ate from A to Z" by Maira Kalman. It is great. Did you get this for them too? Do I ever buy my kids books myself?

    Then there are the favorite franchises of "If You Give a _____ a _______" and Curious George. (I LOVE Curious George so it is important that my kids do.)

    Oh, and we have a picture book of "Puff the Magic Dragon." The text is pretty much just the song. I usually sing it to my boys. But the pictures are AWESOME!

    I will have to check out the books you have by Wells and Dewdney. We like their other books, but haven't seen these. And how can you not want to read a book about a pirate bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Carolyn Crimi's Pirate series...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is quirky. I'm pretty sure he'd hate anything mentioning poop. But maybe once we are over the potty training...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE McDuff!!! He's so expressive and sweet! I, too, love the retro feel to the McDuff books.

    My girls are way beyond picture books, but we spent hours reading favorites such as A Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats and the Corduroy books by Barry Freeman, A Bad Case of the Stripes by David Shannon, and Yoko by Rosemary Wells... ahhh.. those were the days. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP