Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

It seems like we've had a crazy full weekend. Saturday we got up early and ran out to check out a camper, but the dealer wasn't open yet so we didn't get to see it. We stopped to check out the new T.J. Max, but it wasn't open yet either. I ran into our brand new Michael's and was quite disappointed. It's clean and modern, but there was one aisle of sewing supplies- one SIDE of the aisle even. Fully 1/4 of the very large store was for scrapbooking and stamping.

We picked up a friend of the Pirate's and brought him home with us for some nicely exhausting fun.
My favorite part of this picture is the Bug in the background.

After he went home we ran by grandpa's house, where the Pirate was loaded up on nem & nems (M&Ms) and Easter chocolate. After that we tried to go to Target, but things fell apart and we aborted and came home.

This morning the Bug decided to take a 3 HOUR nap!! and I got to play with my sewing machine for a bit. Here's a sneak peek.

Then a quick run to Safeway- our Safeway has a Starbucks. Mmmmm. (Btw, who on earth would take their laptop to SAFEWAY for the free wifi?) As we loaded our small batch of groceries in the car it occurs to us that we should celebrate the 60 degree weather by springing for some steak, so Mike ran back in while the boys and I sang in the car. ("STOP! Collaborate and listen!" "Tin Roof, RUSTED!" Can you tell we had XM on 80s?)

Home, steak, and then Mike made brownies. We gave some to the Bug.
He liked it.

This week should be pretty busy as well- I have a work dinner tomorrow that I am taking the boys to. I hope to post my review of Bone Crossed. Wednesday is TBR Day, and I've started Creation in Death to hopefully review then. I have another quilt block for the virtual quilting bee to make, and I should start reading my book for the Reading Round Robin.

What's on tap for your week?


.

8 comments:

  1. Bahaha! Gotta love a dirty-faced baby! That is too cute. He looks pretty happy there. :o)

    Funny how warm weather makes you want to grill- we were above freezing here and made brats on the grill to celebrate.

    My plans for the week: painting, painting, and more painting. We are rearranging rooms at our house and taking the "opportunity" to paint all the paneled walls in our entire second story. It's not fun. But it will be satisfying when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day was a complete bust. I'm in a bad mood I guess and did not get a lot done. Not sure which came first, the bad mood or if the mood was caused by not getting stuff done. Anyway, we also had steak and even that did not cheer me up, but your pic of the Bug and his brownie face did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhhh! At first glance I thought Bug had a terrible accident and had blood all over his face. I guess not with that adorable smile! I love that he has a book while the other kids are playing Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, He was THRILLED by the brownies. They were "one -bite" and he'd shove the whole thing in his mouth. I cleaned chocolate off his FEET.

    Ti, I'm glad the Bug could cheer you up a little!

    Trish, no blood! The Bug was browsing a Target toy ad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures! We're gearing up for 70 degree weather later in the week -- steaks sound pretty good! Plans for the week -- clean, fill up my new pantry built by my hubby and two sons, get my summer clothes out of the attic, finish a pair of socks I've been knitting, and read, read, read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the Bug is too cute. I love that he's just sitting there and reading. And the chocolate face...so funny! Love his smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great photos, Lisa! My husband took a three hour nap this weekend too. :-)

    I hope you have a good week and are able to find a little quiet time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of The Bug is priceless! Those sure look like good brownies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP