Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, June 08, 2009

Best laid pla... oh, something shiny!

So you know how you go into a weekend thinking you're gonna do this and this and this, and blog this and read this and.... then that's not what happens at all? Yeah.

This weekend I was going to read If I Stay because it's due back on the 9th and I wanted to read it before I returned it. It's not a long book. (I was also going to write a post called "Library FAIL" about how my plans to renew certain books for the duration of our vacation failed. I'll say more on that in a later post.) On Friday night the boys and I were in the car waiting on Mike and I picked up Why We Make Mistakes. Why We Make Mistakes was in the car because it due at the library on Monday, yes, last Monday. I read a couple pages and was hooked. I decided that I'd spend every free moment this weekend reading it so that it wasn't any later than it already was. When we got home I quickly checked my email and spent the read of the night reading. It's fascinating, even if he does repeat some little quirky facts that I've heard before.

On Saturday I had to work. I kicked butt and took names and got a ton of stuff done (going on vacation next week gotta leave my office clean!) The boys were under the weather on Saturday so aside from a little trip to Target to get trip snacks we didn't do much. You would think this would mean that I'd be able to finish my book, right? No. Here's what I did instead:

Three pairs of lightweight pants for The Bug to wear in humid Alabama:

One new handbag:

A set of traveling clothes for Francis:

and Anakin Skywalker's Cape (not pictured. Yet.)
I'll probably blog some of those things in greater detail on the made by lisah blog later today, if you're interested in details.
I guess If I Stay goes back unread and gets requested again when we get back.
How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Oh those are all great! I love his little pants. And the purse is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip. Tell Alabama I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to chuckle when you found Why We Make Mistakes in your car, and that it was overdue no less. Oops!

    The other chuckle I got.. is that a thermometer that the Bug is sucking on in that one pic? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha--every day lately feels like that to me. I had to actually make a list of all the things I wanted to get done this week and sadly I've only crossed one damn thing off the list--sewing my 9 patches. But I'm trying to catch up on the reader a bit and hopefully answer some emails and maybe go through my pictures. The cleaning can wait until tomorrow, right? Or Friday? Crap--is it already Wednesday?

    Cute bag! And pants! You were productive last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your crafts are so adorable! Especially those little shorts! Love them.

    Did you get to read If I Stay in the end? I'm still working on my review, I LOVED it! Read it almost one sitting. Oh, the tears..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP