Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tutorial: How to make a friendship bracelet

One of the things I've wanted to do on my blog is post a handful of FREE TUTORIALS.  This morning I had the perfect opportunity to write one up. I even took pictures! 
Step 1: Make sure the house is clean.




And the dishes are done





Step 2:
Go back in time to 1995 and haul out your special edition Beauty and the Beast cup from Burger King. And some thread. Be very impressed when the Bug calls it thread, and not string or rope.





Step 3:
Crank up some PM Dawn.

Step 3.5:
No, louder than that.

Step 4:
Pin to your leg and start tying.





Step 5:
Tie off and tie onto the Princess, who is squirmy. "Oooohhhh," says the Princess.




Step 6:
Repeat for Bo Peep





Step 7:
Make one for The Bug, who insists he wants one and who will reject it. Wear on your own arm instead.





Along with your Life is Good bracelet and two rubber bands, of course.

Step 8:
Consider starting a second Etsy Shop.

Step 8.5: Or  moving to live on the beach in Cabo, accosting tourists.

Step 9:
Consider writing a note for Mike, asking him to check YES or NO, and folding it into a fancy little rectangle with a pull tab.

Step 10:
Skip note writing in favor of teaching the Princess and Bo Peep how to play M.A.S.H. instead.



*Or 1989, which is the last time I remember making them.**
**Though the process is awfully similar to hair wraps, which I definately was making in 1993.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I want one! I love it! So fun and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read :) I remember making these back in the day...I wonder if I still could or if I've forgotten. Glad I'm not the only one with dirty dishes in the sink right now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post cracked me up! I used to make those--would by that embroidery thread long before I knew how to cross-stitch.

    Or remember those woven bracelets made from the strings of plastic? Wonder if I still know how to make one of those.

    And you know--these things cycle. My stepsister is 10 years younger than me and a college sophomore and pretty sure she has a few of these friendship bracelets on her wrist right now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP