Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis


You didn't think I wasn't gonna write about the rest of them, did you?

The Sweetest Thing is the second Lucky Harbor novel by Jill Shalvis (but the third that I read.) The first three (chronologically) are about three sisters (Maddie, Tara, and Chloe) who inherit a falling down in from their mother.  Tara is the Southern belle sister. She's refined. She dresses well. She has her Stuff Together. (Supposedly.) Tara has her own private reasons for not wanting to return to Lucky Harbor and they are all wrapped up in Ford Walker.  If you've ever read a book, you know the reasons are going to come out. In fact, the reasons are revealed near the end of Maddie's book (Simply Irresistible). In addition to dealing with this, Tara's ex-husband shows up in Lucky Harbor, looking to win Tara back.

I'll be honest, this wasn't my favorite in the series. In fact, looking back on it from a couple weeks ago, Tara is pretty unforgettable. She does the right thing with the love triangle, and she never lets either man hang, which I really appreciate (love triangles being one of my least favorite things ever).  Ford is pretty much a carbon copy of Jax from Simply Irresistible. Despite these issues, I continued to love the writing style and flew through this one to get to the next one, which I think was my favorite of all six.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP