Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, October 29, 2012

Pin It and Do it! October wrap up.


This month I joined in with Trish's Pin It and Do It Challenge. Some of my pins weren't worthy of an entire post devoted to them, and I failed to photograph many of them. Here are a few of them, with comments.

Source: allrecipes.com via Lisa on Pinterest


I made this Spaetzle the night I made the Pomegranate Pork loin from Dinner: A Love Story. One of the commenters suggested that you use a cheese grater and spatula to push the dough through  into the water and it worked perfectly. After boiling it, I put it in the fridge for a few minutes before sauteing it in butter. It was terrific. And the pork loin was seriously the best thing I've eaten in months, and that's saying a LOT. Mike and I both wanted to turn around and make it again the next day.



This Honey Sesame chicken was a huge hit, but I ended up doing it on the stove top by browning the chicken pieces and then simmering it another 30 minutes or so instead of in the crock pot. I followed her recipe for the sauce and it was really great. Sweet, but not too strong of honey. (Which is good, cause I don't love honey.)



The kids and I made these crescent rolls one afternoon after school. They were good, but not as spectacular as you'd hope. I think that if I were to do it again I'd go with Nutella instead of peanut better and chocolate chips.


Oh yes I did. Let me tell you, 300 jumping jacks is no easy feat.

A+T faux bois embroidery hoop

Now that one is actually MY picture! This was an engagement gift for my cousin. I was unable to make it to her shower, so I sent this in my place. I used two other pins for my inspiration- this faux bois hoop, and this charming quilt. I considered wrapping the hoop in fabric or silk or something, but decided that the bare wood went with the tree theme.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to look up that pork loin recipe. It would probably take me a week to do 300 jumping jacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! I'll skip the yummy recipes and go right to the workout -- but that's a doozy! I agree, 300 jumping jacks might be the end of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything! And I hope I'm engaged someday so I can con you into making that hoop/tree for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine 300 jumping jacks. Yowsa!!!

    and I love that embroidery. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the fabric art is just beautiful. Excellent choice to leave the wood.

    Good job on the pinterest challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love spaetzle! I'll have to try that some time--I think my girls would love it.

    That embroidery you made for your cousin's engagement is ADORABLE. WOW. I just love the quilt you linked, but this is even more darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP